The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.

Go down 
+5
Opus
Peace
Leiter
Karnie
Twig
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Twig
Admin
Twig

Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. Empty
PostSubject: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Alright Falcon, if you ever decide to fight me again, we need to decide on some stages, give me your choices here's mine

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Falcon you need to fight me too. >.> I don't care what stage though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:29 am

lolBrawl.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Final Destination. end of discussion.

And yeah lolbrawl(only cause nothing will be as good as melee, even just a revamped melee for wii XD)....twig when I move in with my sister this summer I'll have a wii, and smash bros.

Been warned young padawan, you have.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Hahahahahah you can't beat me
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:32 am

I can't speak for Falcon, but these are the stages I tolerate for Brawl.

Final Destination
Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Bridge of Eldin
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2

I only oppose Yoshi's Island because for one, the blob guy always saves kids I meteor, and for two, just how horrifically fruity the stage is
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/domeslap
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:55 am

Pokemon Stadium I absolutely can't stand, the changes affect the game play way too much, Luigi Mansion i can do, and the bridge would be so perfect if it wasn't completely ruined by the boar mother fucker. Picto I can also tolerate.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 am

So as a running list...
Final Destination
Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Smashville

we can agree on. That should be plenty.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 am

Oh we can add Halbert and Castle Seige if you'd like, ones Falcon picks that I don't particularly mind.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:18 am

FINAL DESTINATION.
END OF DISCUSSION.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Forgot Halberd and Castle Siege. Eheh. Iunno bout Halberd though, the environmental damage is strictly predatory. If you piss of the stage it bites you right back. o_o

And playing nothing but FD gets boring as CRAP. I'm none too fond of the "lip" on the edge of it either... just when you think you'll make it, you jam into it and you just like... wuhtuhfuh.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:20 pm

I'M FINALLY POSTING, OKAY?!

I enjoy stages that "tourneyfags" don't. As in, stages that require a bit of extra thought to survive on than just killing your enemies. Thus stated, the stages that give me the most sadistic pleasure are:

Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Hanenbow
Pictochat
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Halberd
Castle Siege
Port Town Aero Dive
Distant Planet
Bridge of Eldin

Uhm, I don't think there's any others... Mighta forgot.

Also, we should establish Brawlnites, where we can all group up 'n play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Spear Pillar is the most fucked up stage. You can't pay me enough to seriously play on that. You either get lasers, gravity warps, stage collapse, and slows in the best case (the blue guy), a predatious little fairy fuck that does way too much damage (the purple thing), or friggin control reversals, upside-down stage, and bunch of more bullshit to make it, in my opinion, less of a fight and more of a "let's see who falls the fastest" competition (the big pink dragon thing).

No.

Pirate Ship is mostly tolerable, those goddamn bombs do 55%, but they're fairly easy to dodge. Hanenbow screws Ike and a few others over, because as their third jump is hitting the edge, it makes the edge MOVE.

Frigate is ok. Norfair can be hilarious, but I'd rather not. Port Town, I'm not sure. Distant Planet is ok with me, and the others have been discussed prior.

And yes, we need established days and times for Brawl. But by no means should we call them "Brawlnites". Maybe "Brawl Nights".
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 pm

I don't care, as long as it's a flat stage. Very Happy
Me and Twig need to fight Falco and Opar. bounce
Gimme yalls codes! :O
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Alright.

This mentality

I enjoy stages that "tourneyfags" don't. As in,
stages that require a bit of extra thought to survive on than just
killing your enemies.

Means you are going to get destroyed. By your own faulty perspective and stage choice. I understand that perspective too, I've been there, and I've moved past it. When I'm beating someone because my skill is higher than them or they made bad move choices the LAST thing I want is for them to get blind luck. Be it a Smash Ball or Environmental obstacle. BTW many environmental obstacles don't promote survivability and fun, they completely eliminate it and they just flat out kill you when you shouldn't have died.

There's also the huge problem of character speed and movement, as me and Opus have mentioned, sure it can be "fun" to try and survive on Hanenbow, but does the fun not cease when it's Donkey Kong versus Sonic and one clearly has an advantage? No matter how you stretch it, the Sonic is going to have more "fun" because he doesn't get gimped by the ledges and moving platforms like DK would. The examples of characters and stages could go on for a very long time, I promise.

No matter how you word it or how you try to defend that "it's all for fun", for me and for many people out there, (I guess you guys are still calling us Tourney fags, huh? lol.) the fun is in the skill level and mind games and ability to do things such as predictions and taking advantage of the other player's poor move choice -- not with the luck and the unfair advantages of certain characters on certain stages.

Pirate Ship- I'm down for this, I actually enjoy this stage to an extent aside from the catapault that you sometimes end up forced into.

Spear Pillar- /Opar

Hanenbow- /Opar

Pictochat- Annoying but still tolerable

Frigate Orpheon- Gimps very easy characters such as Ganon, Link, Zero Suit, Ivysaur, DK, ect.

Norfair- This one is okay, the battle for the saftey zone can be enjoyable. The stage would be absolutley perfect without the lava.

Halberd- Another Tolerable, I choose this one sometimes myself, the obstacles imo are avoidable.

Castle Seige- Another tolerable, would be great if the right ledge on the castle wasn't gimped and if the statues underground didn't get in everything's way.

Port Town Aero Dive- Car/wall kills suck.

Distant Planet- I suppose. Again, would be a fantastic stage if the mushroom man and waterfalls didn't come in.

Bridge of Eldin- I actually really hate this stage because without the Boar it would be my absolute favorite. Still, tolerable.

Here's what I propose

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Pirate Ship
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Bridge of Eldin
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Melee Stages:

Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Temple

How's that?

And Peace, Final Destination is a fantastic stage but you clearly don't play Brawl. As Opus has mentioned, the faulty edge can gimp many characters, i.e. Wolf. It was not that way in Melee, but now, this isn't Melee is it Wink
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:02 pm

I'm absolutely fine with the proposed list, Twig. I'm actually very glad to hear the specific reasons certain stages are disliked. However, I don't like Yoshi's Island. The gay music is too much for my heterosexual self to bear.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah but it's a good stage, lawl. Alright, I won't pick it then, plenty of other choices.

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Delfino Plaza
Pirate Ship
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Bridge of Eldin
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Melee Stages:
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Temple

So here's another thing.
I think we handle Items perfectly. On random matches your guyses smash small settings will kick in, and regardless of how it effects the outcome (See Twig's Toon Link vs. Falcon's King DeDeDe) it can still be fun from time to time, so lets keep this the way it is? I would prefer always off, but that's kind of strict concidering you guys play a differnt style.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:46 pm

What me and Falcon usually do is play 10 stock with smash balls on or 5 stock with no smash balls. And when the CPUs are eliminated, we do our best to avoid smash balls because in duels it just gets one sided way too fast. (i.e. Falcon's Ike versus my Bowser. Who's gonna get em all?)

I'd be fine with no smash balls, ultimately, but they do spice it up from time to time. I just can't stand the Landmaster or Super Sonic.

EDIT: Also, Twig's mains are fairly evident, but I feel it relevant for everyone else to share theirs. So, in no particular order...

Ike
Bowser
Marth
Wario
Luigi

I consider myself somewhat proficient in, and

King DeDeDe
Meta Knight
Ganondorf
Lucario

I can use but do not do so often.

Last edited by Opus on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Mains for me:

Kirby (The Bright Pink One. Very Happy)

I'm steadily working on individual characters as I am still learning to 'brawl' in a proffessional style. In a simpler way to put it: Working on one character at a time to up my skill level.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:15 pm

Ah, Karnie, you remind me of my sister.

ME: "Jess, you should try other characters besides Kirby."
JESS: "No, I'm trying to get really good with Kirby first!"
ME: "But... you lose every game. Try some different moves and approaches besides Hammer Spamming and Stone then."
JESS: "...Shut up!"

Once we fight a bit and I learn a little more about your style, I'd be glad to help you pick new characters to master.
Not to toot my own horn or anything. I know more about how the game works than how to actually play it, hah. Just trying to help.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Hmm, 5 stocks with three people, not to mention ten will be reallly long matches imo. If no one really minds 3 I think we should stick to 3. Hell maybe 4.

Anyways Mains in somewhat-order, the rest random

Mains:

Sonic
Olimar
Pokemon Trainer
Marth
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Highly efficient with
:
Zelda
Sheik
Ness
R.O.B
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Mister Game and Watch
Lucario

Very efficient with:
Peach
Jigglypuff
King DeDeDe
Snake
Luigi
Yoshi
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Falco
Bowser

Efficient but rarely played:
Mario
Wario
Donkey Kong
Link
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Meta Knight
Wolf

Ineffective with:
Samus
Lucas
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:17 pm

And what do you guys think about setting up duels? I think that would be really fun if we could fine an effective way to duel and still all keep in touch somehow.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:13 am

Duels are cool, and keeping it at 3 stock is fine. Me and Falcon just like an opportunity to catch up if we make a dumbass mistake, and it's a helluva lot harder to do that with 3. It would make for a faster pace and put a little more emphasis on careful selection, so ultimately I think it'd even help.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:24 am

Yeah well it would be alot easier to set up duels if YOU GUYS GOT ON XFIRE. Razz You guys seriously need to get that though. We can't keep in touch otherwhys. :/
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Twig's got my phone, and this computer is a piece of fucking shit. I am NOT downloading ANYTHING else on this computer... I'm hoping to get a new one soon. Cause this thing is so chockablock full of junk, that I can't even play CoH on standard detail anymore. So, no. No XFire, not yet, not now. Almost ALWAYS either me or Opus are on CoH, unless we're eating or we're not home. You wanna contact us? Get online then.

So, anyways. Me and Opus usually set 5 stock because when we play locally, either we've got ridiculous NPCs, who somehow know EVERYTHING you're going to do, or we've got total trash friends, like my sister. And we like them to have more than a few seconds of gameplay.

Smash Balls can always be shut off if that's what you'd prefer, Twiggy, I've got no problem letting them go, because somehow, alot of my good characters have crappy smashes.

Proficient Characters:

King DeDeDe
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Ganondorf
Wolf
Donkey Kong

Note, proficient means "I play better with this character than I do with Jigglypuff", not "I'll kick your ass any day with this guy".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.   Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Brawl thread of Twig and Falcon. PAWNCH.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next