The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Champions Online

Go down 
+9
Seyasmir
Heretic
Twig
Karnie
Nacht Kanzler
Killa
Leiter
Nacht Falcon
Peace
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Killa
Komtur

Champions Online - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:26 am

Karnie is running up on CO. If you like, you could coordinate with him. I'm sure he'll enjoy forming up a group Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Yeah. I tried for the life of me to replicate a 6th uniform in there, that's pretty much impossible.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:56 pm

I really wish there was a free trial during this Open Beta... I'd like to try it out at least a little before I preorder.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Yeah... I am glad I stole a Beta lol or else.. I wouldn't ever take a look at it..
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 pm

But, But, City of Heroes!
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to leave CoH. But I'd still like to get a look at it's competition.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:56 am

You people sound omish with your reluctance to just accept that CO is a bigger better CoH. With the potentional to become something worth playing in a year.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:35 am

He just says that like it's a thing lol
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 am

Amish. And that analogy makes no sense.

I haven't tried CO yet, so I can't say if it's better than CoH. I can say that I very much doubt that, as CO is a) being lead by Jack Emmert, who I'm not a fan of, and b) hasn't been around for five years and developed a stable playerbase and a system for growth like CoH has.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Peace, I normally let you rant with your thoughts here.. but I gotta say.. you're completely wrong about CO.

CO has its own qualities that D&D players like. Characters based on stats and not %s. CO has a nifty combo ability I like, PvP is crazier (Yet still Arena based), and all the travel powers are AWESOME. Once you've made a character... YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY. You have ingame ability to change your, name, height, size and GENDER! Your powersets are great.. since you can 100% customize a build your way.

BUT!

CO isn't bigger or better than CoX at this time.

Reasoning?

CO doesn't have a villain side yet. CO doesn't have billions of clothing sets yet (yes it is very limited right now.. almost crappy selections). CO lacks years of development.

It doesn't mean that CO won't one day be up with CoX or better.. but at this moment in time.. it isn't ready to take on CoX.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Honestly? CO is not now and likely never will be BETTER than CoH. Jack Emmert has always had a problem with offering big promises of great cash and prizes and has always only half-delivered on this. Aside from that there's a lot of things you just can't compare the two games with.

As with most MMOS, there are some things that are fun. There are some things that suck.

I will likely never leave CoH, it's quite honestly in my opinion, the perfect MMO, has everything I'm looking for. That being said, it's nice to see what else is out there from time to time.

Champions has a few pretty great things that I'd like to see come to CoH someday. One of the biggest problems is how selfish and solo-oriented the game is though. Nacht Kanzler is over there now and she's a monster, Dual Blades kills multiple enemies extremely fast, but...I hate soloing. The lack of a community bores me. Destructible environments? Awesome. New Travel Powers? Pretty cool. Great mission map layouts, bonus. Those open zone events? Freakin sweet. No one to play with and pretty much no one talking in /zone? SUCKS. I'd rather play a single player superhero game.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Rabe
Soldat
Nacht Rabe

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:55 pm

I fully intend to give it a try.
I've got a friend who, when buddy invites come around, will be sending me one.

I'd like to judge it by more than forum posts and old gameplay videos.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:06 am

The community will build, and so far i'm hearing nothing but good.

O and all of you, fuck off....
it made sense to me....
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Peace <3
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:08 am

<3....
so which one of you fuckers are on CO? Give me a normal persons view on this game, reviewers try to sound to fancy >.>....although i'm getting the jist that its pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:17 am

Play TOR. <3
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:49 am

Peace wrote:
<3....
so which one of you fuckers are on CO? Give me a normal persons view on this game, reviewers try to sound to fancy >.>....although i'm getting the jist that its pretty awesome

I am.

I am biased, CoH is superior, but I tried to be fair, there are good things in the game. The Nemesis system is absolutely the best thing he game has to off it's just a shame that you can't access it until level 25. Picking shit up in the environment and using it as weapons, etc is awesome. Some of the new travel powers are pretty awesome. The game does some things right. That being said, much in the vein of Cryptic's past, if something is wrong, it's VERY wrong. Power balancing is a joke, the community sucks balls, and due to the latest nerfs some missions can be so frustratingly difficult that it makes you not want to play.

Bottom line? There's potential, but will they re-invest in the game and let the game reach it's potential, or spread themselves too thin working on the Star Trek Online game? History tells us that the next game Cryptic works on is far more important than the one that is live, and some of the mistakes the made in the past with CoH have definitely been repeated with CO. If they do start to taper off and forget about CO, well, at least DCUO is coming out next year. If they stay dedicated to CO, you may have a pretty great game to play in about a year.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 pm

I'm playing too. Well i will be playing once my computer gets to my house this weekend. xD Pretty much it's just like WoW but with heroes. Travel powers are pretty amazing. Graphics are great. The costume selection is pretty bad, however i'm sure they'll revamp it in the future. The powers are very imbalanced, but that'll get worked on as well. Picking up objects and throwing them at other people is fun. xD Overall it's a fun game. I'm sure it'll get better, but if the new Star Trek game is Cryptic's focus then it might not actually 'get better'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Champions Online
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sixth Column :: City of Heroes :: General Activity :: General Discussion-
Jump to: