The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Champions Online

Go down 
+9
Seyasmir
Heretic
Twig
Karnie
Nacht Kanzler
Killa
Leiter
Nacht Falcon
Peace
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Twig
Admin
Twig

Champions Online - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:23 pm

I will probably play Champions for the same exact reason I picked up City of Heroes. How it turns out, we'll just have to see, but until then, I have you guys, the Sixth, and City of Heroes so I'm enjoying it while I can Smile
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:33 am

That's what I believe in Twiggy Razz

I really wanna try Beta, just so I know how it is.. because I don't want to just jump into a game I know nothing about, because I don't want to play it if it isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:17 am

Nacht Falcon wrote:
I do that already with CoH. Remember that?

And when I watched the video, I was even more pissed. Two guys were fighting by using the same exact "attack" ( Which for one was a Haymaker-style punch and the other a ridiculously long combo with his dual blades ) over and over. It seemed lackluster and dull. At least when I'm on CoH, my Super Strength and Dual Blade attacks look a little different as I cycle through my moveset.

Thats productive? There wasn't one productive thing in any of that. If I followed your opinion I should have never stopped playing halo freaking 1.

Stating how much you don't like something is bitching, stating WHY something doesn't work isnt.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Forget it, then. Enjoy you're fuckin' merry conversation. I've stated a billion times that despite what I see THUS FAR in CO, I'm still going to give it a shot, and I've stated multiple things and WHY they piss me off. Why don't you fuckin' read what I write for once instead of blowin' it off as unimportant. You just fuckin' quoted one of my reasonings. Noticed it yet?
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:06 pm

-.-
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Peace and love, folks.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 pm

It seems lackluster and dull? That's a generic damn insult and you know it. Now look, its a fucking game, and maybe I shouldn't have said what I said as mean as I said, but I am so fucking TIRED of trying to find new places for this sg to rebuild and getting shot down cause people are to lazy or tired.

Personally I'm sick of sitting around saying "what happened to when we..." yada yada fucking yada ya, and anytime I have an idea for something it gets shot down cause people are comfortable in CoH. You like CoH? Fine, so did I, FOR FIVE YEARS. There comes I time where you either pack it up and shit it out, or you just pack it up.

"I" still want to try to play SOMETHING with this group, and have fucking fun doing it. I'm not suggesting we start a sg in this game, I'm not even suggesting we play THIS GAME. What I'm suggesting is INSTEAD of shooting every god damn fucking idea down (a xbox clan, a c-strike clan, a wow group(NOT GUILD), War guild, and so many others We've all mentioned it makes my head spin) is MAKE SOME FUCKING SUGGESTIONS.

Now its over, sorry if you got all pissed, If I think your comments are pointless, I'll just ignore them and post about any questions people have with this game, cause I'm following it pretty damn closely.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:25 pm

lol counterstrike?
And the game hasn't even been out for 5. You played probably 3 and three quarter years.
You little exaggerator you Smile
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm not trying to shoot this idea down, for Christ's sake. Once again, you haven't even been reading my posts from the start... I have stated multiple times I would likely still try this game. I'm just citing potential flaws to the game, because jumping headfirst into CO if it's just as broken as CoH is is just gonna piss people off, especially me... If that made sense.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Soldat
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Peace, please come to my house and give me an intellectual discourse on any subject that would suit you. I'll serve drinks.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Haha heretic if only I could.

And yeah maybe it hasn't been five years, but id sure as hell feels like it.

Also maybe counterstrike was a bad idea for this group, but if only two people had been down, and we started a clan and got a server, then finding six or seven more from that server is REAL easy.
Back to top Go down
Seyasmir
Kapitan

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:07 pm

The date of release looms. I'm going to give it a look certainly. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:47 pm

I'll be trying it. I don't have particularly high expectations, but I don't have particularly low ones either.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:00 am

I've decided i'm not going to pre-order it, but depending on the reviews and how popular it becomes, i might try it....it looks hella fun though, im just not sure if i'll have time to be consumed by a new mmo lol

/wrist
Back to top Go down
Nacho
Elite Guard
Nacho

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:07 am

Skimmed this topic, so don't hate me if I restate an old point in a new way. Been playing Champs Beta since it started. I know it's a beta, but it was nothing special. It's remarkably similar to this X-men game I played on the old gamecube...X-men Legends
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:21 am

I haven't got time to Beta.. I got access. but my laptop hit the pile... but it seemed cool to look at..

It looks fun, but hopefully I can soon..
Back to top Go down
Omnibeing
Elite Guard
Omnibeing

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:23 pm

from what i have read and seen of CO the character creation process as you level will be alot like Asheron's Call. In AC you started out with so many skill credits and could buy abilities. Like Swordsman ship, or unarmed comabt, or life magic, or creature magic, or item magic or etc etc etc. As you leveled you got mor skill credits and could finish out a character build. When the game first started you would choose like item magic, your fighting ability, and say magic defense. and run around killing stuff. I played on a pvp server where form lvl 1 i could die to people. no safe zones, no housing nothing. It was the most fun i had ever in my life. Playing paranoid, always looking over your shoulder, possibly losing the very armor you were wearing. Most fun i have ever hd in an mmo.

As the game progressed a guy named Og came up with a character build tamplate that had all the magic schools except war, and had a weapon skills. This in pvp bsically made him a whole party. He could buff himself completely, and his items, and destroy people. And he absolutely did for 2 monthes. It took like 9 people to kill him simply because he had complete buffs. Still amazing fun. Now 5 years later everyone has the og templates. Mage, sword, ua, dagger, bow etc. Everyone pretty much has the same character give or take minor difference. took magic d. spec'd melee d etc. But the fights come down to play skill, if you arnt as good as the other person. it is apparent fst by your death. Watching to mages fight in that game is like watching a dance. because you can manually dodge magic bolts and arrows. A melee vs mage fight is totally different from a mage vs archer, or melee vs archer or melee vs melee.

I guess what I am saying here is. Having like a soell sword, or a stalker blaster, or a tank controller. It is all fine. Because you will roll your character, and have to figure a way out to defeat them in combat. And to me that is more fun than any amount of lore you can put in. I live for pvp. I -am- pvp. And PvP in CoH is a blazing joke.
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:31 pm

ok i just looked at this and my head is spinning O_o personaly i like pvp in CoH.. tho usualy im just learning how to fight with my friend in sirens, or getting stomped all over the floor by fighter (not so much with nighthawk now xD) but idk i havent been playing that long and im going to try the game and if the sixth transphers ill go with it.. if i can (money issues) so i dont see why you guys have to start such violent debates sheesh
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:29 pm

There is Dueling. You can PvP people by dueling anywhere in the game like WoW?

There is arena PvP too. It sounds fun.

You have control over power customization... color of the attacks and of course exactly what Omni said. There is mash for combos. Unlike CoX where you don't have combos available... I'm not saying this game is better.. but it does look good.

I am very picky with my selections of MMOs. I started with CoH after seeing Omni playing it in 2004, and I decided to get it too. Then Omni left CoH to play WoW and I eventually moved to play that as well. I didn't get far... and I replayed WoW to hang with a few friends of mine from another game. After playing for a while, I eventually was convinced of EvE online and despite Omni's persuading we eventually went our ways.. I played WoW with Nacho and Light and eventually Twiggy and I talked about a grand rebirth... and CoH is always been a fallback fun for me. I love the game entirely.. It has exactly what I want...

If CO has it too... with a few different things that I want in the game.. I can't help but want to try it out.

As I was saying I am picky... but I only play a game I 'know' what it looks like. All the MMOs I've played I saw how it was played before I played it or went out of my way to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Woops, instead of hitting new reply, for some reason I hit Edit on your post.
This was a genuine mistake, and I don't know how I could have made it. There was nothing wrong with your post, just a mistake.

Love, Twig.

lol
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Hahahah, I do that all the time, but usually I notice before I hit 'send'. XD
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:15 am

haha
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 am

So do we have any ideas to form up a 6th in here?
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 am

No, but you're more than welcome to make that happen.
I'm making it happen in TOR.
Back to top Go down
Nacho
Elite Guard
Nacho

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 am

QQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champions Online   Champions Online - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Champions Online
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sixth Column :: City of Heroes :: General Activity :: General Discussion-
Jump to: