The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Origin of Nacht Shintekii

Go down 
+6
Nacho
Nacht Falcon
Killa
Leiter
Twig
Shinteki
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nacho
Elite Guard
Nacho

The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 pm

You know "Esquire" is a title, right? It's not your last name Razz
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:21 pm

<.<
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 pm

it is wat it is.... and i am making it my last name >:l
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:36 am

The next morning, I awoke at 8 am. We were to be at the battlefront at 9:30 sharp. I woke Nosferatu’s lazy ass up and began to get ready. I was at the ledge of the gorge at 9:00. I prefer to be early to most things. That’s what bothered me the most about Nosferatu. He was my polar opposite. He seemed rather composed in public, but what people didn’t know is that he was the worst slob… Not the point. So yes, we were at the gorge. In front of me was the entire 5th Column army. They were all armed and ready to go. I wouldn’t even see the battle until all the soldats were in it. As you can tell, I’m rather short. Some things don’t change. So I was to wait back a bit with Nosferatu until I was able to observe the battle.
I felt the adrenaline pumping as Requiem gave his final speech. With a raise of his hand and a wicked loud yell, the 5th Column army charged Ally’s Gorge. Miasma and Shade were at my sides and Abyss was behind me. All four of us stood a distance behind Nosferatu. Abyss had asked earlier if I wanted to sit on his shoulders so I could see. I declined. It would have made me look quite childish and that was the last thing I needed…
About five minutes later, the plateau of the gorge was clear of soldats and lower ranks. I was able to look into the gorge at the battle. At first, all I saw was black with random bright colors mixed in. It actually made me chuckle. Who did these people think they were? They didn’t even have uniforms. I saw Rachel and her squadron fighting away. She had taught them quite well. As I began to focus in on each person, I recognized some faces from the paper. All types of media were forbidden from the 5th column members. Even me. I had Katherine sneak me some newspapers from time to time. Most of the time it was just for the funnies but I did remember seeing some of these faces on the front cover. I never paid attention to the articles.
As I gazed upon the faces of our enemies, I saw Katherine. I let out an audible gasp. Shade questioned the gesture but I told him I was just taken aback by how well we were doing (Which really wasn’t a lie. We were doing quite well). My conscious went wild. What was Katherine doing? I faintly remember her trying to explain what she does when she wasn’t in the forest. I kind of just brushed it off. It was something about justice so I didn’t care.
Back then I was a rather impulsive person. I had no idea was going on… My palms began to perspire. That had never happened before. I was a rather calm person. As I all but bore a hole into her forehead with my eyes, I caught her gaze. It was a mistake on her part because the second she stopped fighting; she was punched in the gut by someone with an energy power. It left a rather large gash. I couldn’t control myself but the next thing I knew, I was running down the side of the gorge toward her. I was hitting everyone in my path which was mostly fellow columnists.
By the time I got to her, everyone within a ten-foot radius of me, friend or foe, was staring. She was staring as well. “I thought you were on our side… I could have sworn you at least had some sense of morals… I’m sorry.” As she said this, she lunged at me. The fighting around us had resumed. Our skills were evenly matched. Neither of us could land a detrimental hit on the other. After a good ten minutes, both of us were out of breath and just staring each other down. I looked up at my three students, Abyss, Miasma, and Shade. They all looked extremely concerned.
As I turned my head to look back at Katherine, she was in mid-air, claws and jaws bared, about to strangle me. I quickly grabbed her, rolled onto my back and used my legs to catapult her in the other direction. As soon as she was out of my hands, I was on my feet and I was running. Everyone made way for me. I looked by one more time at the top of the gorge hoping that my three apprentices were about to follow me, but they were gone. I didn’t have time to wonder what happened. 5th Columnists were after me. I easily outran them. My mother always told me not to tell people all of my business. I applied this to not telling everyone just how fast or how strong I was. Apparently this helped because they didn’t send their fastest to catch me.
I remember that day like it was yesterday… I ran for 8 hours straight. I ended up in a big city. I lived on the streets for 3 days contemplating what to do with myself. By then I had stolen enough newspapers to read about what the world was really like. I had been lied to. I had been fighting on the wrong side my whole life. Everything I knew was a lie. And at that point, I had nothing. I often chuckled at myself because I was living under an awning on the side of a restaurant. How pitiful.
I was in my usual alleyway, sitting against a building when I looked up to see a person. The person was wearing a trench coat and a hat that was obscuring their face. “We’ve been looking for you.”
“For what?” I asked. I tried to keep my voice stable. I was heartbroken and emotional, but I couldn’t let them know that. I had to be ready to fight at all times.
“The 6th Column would like to have a word with you…”
“ The SIXTH Column?” I questioned. “Who the fuck are they?”
“A group designed to destroy the 5th Column. Now you can stay here and be sad and pathetic for the rest of your life, or you can come with me and learn the truth about everything.” The figure held out their hand.
“…” I needed a place to sleep. And I wanted answers. This seemed like my best bet. If it was a scam for the 5th Column to get me back, I could fight my way out. Or maybe they’d brainwash me and I’d forget everything. Whether it was salvation or damnation, I didn’t care. I wanted help. So I took the figure’s hand and they helped me up. “Do you have a name?” I asked.
“Its…TwigDeath.”
“…Okay. I’m Nacht Shintekii.”
As I followed this shady figure around town, I noticed that he had the tail of a demon. Who was this guy? I was soon to find out who he was, who the 6th Column was, and so much more…

Last edited by Shinteki on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : SUPER TYPOS)
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:10 pm

yayyyy storiesssss <3
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah I figured I'd write some more. I was feeling rather bored/creative so I was like "hmmm I should continue the story."

Plus it'll keep me polished on role-playing for when I come back.

And Leiterrr!! Fix my typosssss!!
I just fixed them but you're like my editor... come onnn!

Last edited by Shinteki on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Well it IS National Novel Writing Month, after all. I've been banging away at my own stories; hopefully I can make SOME progress. =P
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 am

The walk was long. After what seemed like an eternity, we reached the edge of a forest. TwigDeath turned around and spoke for the first time since we left the alley, “You’re quick on trees right?”
I nodded in response. Immediately he took off, leaving the trench coat and hat in his wake. At first his pace astonished me, but I quickly caught up. The trees made me feel at home. Forests were my only sense of escape in the 5th column. Here was no different. The trees made me feel free and welcome. The forest was full of streams and wildlife that could be seen from right below the canopy. It was so alive…
After a bit of tree hopping, the trees began to thin a bit. On average there would be about a tree every 10 feet. We stopped for a second to climb straight up a rather high tree. Upon reaching the top of the tree, I was granted an extraordinary view. You could see everything for miles. If one looked east, you could see something that resembled a fortress. It was only about half the size of the 5th Column headquarters, and it was only about a fourth as menacing. I guessed it was the 6th Column HQ.
As I turned my head, I realized that TwigDeath was shirtless. Now, yes, I was a trained officer of the 5th column, but I also was a woman. So yes, I did stare for about a millisecond too long. Then I heard a chuckle. He was laughing at me! I muttered curses and refocused on the landscape.
After a quick breather, TwigDeath and I jumped from the top of the tree back onto the lower canopy. We then stopped on a tree that had a sort of platform on it. Sort of like the foundation of a kid’s tree house. Almost as soon as we landed on the platform, two others arrived. They had on uniforms similar to the 5th Column. They both saluted the demon beside me. This startled me. Was he someone of rank?
“At ease. Shintekii, this is Omnis and Nacho.” Whoever put these two together must have had a sense of humor. Omnis was very clean cut, but he looked like he had a stick up his ass. His posture spoke volumes. Something told me I’d have issues in the future with him. As for the other one, his uniform looked more lax. Almost too lax. Like he just got out of bed and threw his uniform on and ran here. He had on a goofy smile. He must have been somewhat blazed because he was looking giggling like a maniac. “These two are going to show you to the room we have prepared for you and get you situated. I’ll meet with you tomorrow and answer all your questions to the best of my ability. I hope you’ll like it here. We’d really like for you to stay.” With those words, he was gone in the blink of an eye. He was damn fast…
“Alright now that big man is gone, I’m in charge. First off, your attire is shit. Second, you’re going to have to dye your hair black. It’s mandatory. Third, you—“
“Hold up… I’m new. Aren’t you supposed to be somewhat welcoming?”
“Excuse me maggot? You don’t disrespect me…” he raised his hand to backhand me and I was gone. I headed for the 6th Column building. There was no way I was going to let him slap me. Not in a million years. As I made it into the fortress, I began to snoop around. I had learned a while back how to conceal my appearance. I gently walked around and weaved through the many people in the halls. The inside interior of the building reminded me somewhat of a more business version of the Hogwarts. High ceilings and stonewalls decorated the building.
As I made my way around, I stumbled across a small, dimly lit room. In it was one person and a punching bag. It was just like a movie. The person was so into working out and punching the heck out of the bag. The sound of fists hitting a punching bag was somewhat soothing so I decided to pop a squat in the corner. Eventually I dozed off. The warmth of the room lulled me to sleep. I awoke with someone a rather attractive someone in front of my face. I checked my arm to see if I was still invisible. I was… “How can you see me?”
“I could ask you the same.” Now that I wasn’t on edge, I realized that he was sort of glowing. I tried to poke his shoulder but he was intangible.
“You’re phase shifting. How are you doing it for so long though?”
“I beat the system. Who are you?”
“Nacht Shintekii. I’m new. Who are you?”
“I’m – ugh.” A look of annoyance spread across his face and he teleported out of the room. Immediately after his portal was gone, Nacht Nacho burst through the door.
“What are you doing here? Your room is another floor up. And way to go on pissing Omnis off. He’s out looking for you. But don’t worry. Light is looking for him so he can get Omnis to cool off.”
"Great. I better find my room and hide then." I mumbled. Something told me I didn't want to see this Omnis guy while he was mad at me...
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:39 am

<3!
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:14 am

yaay more story <3
moar please Smile
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:16 am

Yep. Awsm.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm interested in a story by shinteki.....has shit just gone backwards or what?
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Nacht Nacho showed me to my room and immediately disappeared. The room was simple. Black walls, navy bedspread, black fuzzy carpet, complete with a stuffed animal in the corner of a caracal. Wait a second! That thing was real! They put a fucking real caracal in my room! And yet, it was way too large to be a caracal. It must have been about four feet tall. It had to have been a trap.

It hadn’t seen me yet. It was just licking its fur. I went back out the door, forgetting why I was pushed in here in the first place. I ran directly into Omnis. He was furious.

“Training room, NOW!” he shouted in my face. He needed a tic-tac or something. His breath was enough to make grown men cry. We marched it to the training room.

From the main floor, I saw him flip some switch in the operations room. “We’ll see if you’re as tough as they say…” I chuckled. I was looking for a workout anyway.

For what seemed like hours, I fought everything the room could materialize. Each wave became more difficult. Eventually I was honestly fighting for my life. This was nothing like they had at the 5th Column base… Back home, in the 5th Column training room, the levels were never to hard. Home. The 5th Column. Not anymore. As soon as I thought that, I saw a rather large ball of energy headed my way. I was too tired to react. My world went from pure white, to pitch black.

I awoke in what looked like an infirmary with a strange woman over me. She was tending to my wounds it seemed like. “So I see you’ve finally woken up,” she said in a soothing voice. It was almost kind of “sing-song-y”.

“I guess so.” I replied.

“You know, I was watching you fight. You’re really something. It’s not necessarily your skills that impressed me. It was your willpower. You fight with such a passion… I think TwigDeath would enjoy having you fight in our forces.”

“It’s not like I have a choice anyways. I’m going to stay. So I have to fight, right?” I groaned. I didn’t like the fact that it was mandatory to fight for an organization that I just joined. I really just wanted some time to think.

“Oh no, we’re not like the 5th Column where military service is mandatory. We let our members choose if they want to fight or not. Everyone must have a job. But it doesn’t have to be a soldier. That’s why the 5th Column army dwarfs ours in numbers. We may be a great deal smaller than them, but our military unit is full of 100% soldiers. Nobody who doesn’t want to fight is in it. And that’s why we always own your patrol units. They aren’t trained well,” she explained.

“Oh, makes sense. I guess.” In reality, that did explain a lot. I never knew why the 6th Column was so small. But their fighting always did fascinate me. I considered telling her about the cat in my room, but something told me not to.
“Alright you’re all patched up. You can return to your quarters and clean up. Dinner is always free from the kitchen. And it’s always open. You just have to prepare the food yourself if it’s not a specific food time like breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We never eat as a whole organization unless it’s stated otherwise. And that just about never happens. You can go wherever you want, whenever you want, and curfew for new members is 1am. Otherwise, you’re free to roam the place.”

I sat up to hop off the table. I was completely healed. I was even better than I was before I came here. “Thanks a lot. Are you an empathy?”

“Yes I am,” she said with a smile. “By the way, do you know that you have a little empathy within you? It’s latent, but it’s definitely there.”

“Really? Who knew? I’m not the healing type though. Thanks for all the help… I never caught your name.”

“I never gave it. I’m Nacht Leiter. You’re Komtur along with TwigDeath.”

“Oh!” I quickly saluted. “Thank you ma’am!”

“No problem. You’re dismissed soldat.” With that dismissal, I nodded and headed back to my room to deal with my cat problem.

I got back to my door easily enough by following the signs to the living quarters. I took a deep breath and stepped into the room and closed the door. This time, the cat saw me right away and stood up. I remembered reading up about caracals. They’re very territorial and hunt for their prey. I probably looked like chopped liver to this thing. It began to cross the soft carpet to me. I moved farther away. I looked to my left and there was a window. I didn’t know what story of this fortress I was on, but I was probably safer jumping out the window. I made a break for the window, but the cat was faster. It eventually backed me into a corner. I began to yell at the top of my lungs. There was no natural echo to the room. Soundproof walls. I was to die in the 6th Column by a giant cat. Awesome. They’re smart. What a sadistic trap.

As the cat closed the distance between us, I closed my eyes and waited for death to come. I had nothing waiting for me anymore so who would care if I died. Instead of pain, I felt something nudging my leg. It was rubbing its body on my legs like a house cat. I stayed still in case it decided to change its mind. Eventually it curled up around my legs and fell asleep. I was unable to move because my feet were in between its paws. I sat down facing the cat. Around its neck was a collar. Was it a pet? Wedged between the collar and the cat was a piece of paper. I was afraid to wake the cat, so I quickly snatched the paper from the collar. My friends in the 5th always told me that I had deft hands. In this case, they came in handy. I opened the note quietly as not to disturb the rather large feline at my feet.

Shintekii,

Here’s a gift to start your new life. It’s a genetically modified caracal. His size, strength, and speed were changed but other than that, you can expect normal caracal behavior. He’s not going to need any maintenance because he hunts for himself and can just jump out the window to use the restroom. Just make sure to keep your window open. I thought you might need a new friend since you’ve lost almost everything. He’s quite the cuddle bunny so watch out for those claws. Finally, this may seem a little strange, but once he falls asleep on you, he’s imprinted on you. So that means he’ll be very aware of how you’re feeling which can help if you’re ever in trouble. (Gotta love Paragon city technology.)
If you ever want to talk, I’m always in Skyway City. I hope things take a turn for the better.

Your feline friend,
Katherine

P.S. I go by Mynx as my hero name. And the caracal’s name is Tau.

I looked at the cat again. It was looking at me too. I reached out my hand to kind of test the waters. It licked my hand immediately and moved its head under it. I scratched behind his ears and it purred. That purr was like a back massage. It was so deep and loud. Basically brown noise. I pulled my feet from his paws and headed to the bed. Tau followed me and curled up next to me. Things were going to change. I could feel it. And it wasn’t just me feeling Tau next to me with his wicked strong purring.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:30 pm

i want one!
my cats ignore me unless they want feeding -.-

Moar please shinnnyy
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 am

Dude i always had an idea for a hero with a pet bear or some shit that was completely dedicated to him/her and had some kind of spiritual attachment...then i played WAR and was a White Lion lol.

Pretty interesting, but you better write pages about that cat riping shit apart
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 am

lol, very nice read. Diggin the cat-sidekick too.
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:02 am

wow.... i just realized that all of that was basically dialogue. I'll write more events next time!
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Yay! I like!
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:18 pm

it was good....
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:17 pm

that was amazing! i think my cat has split personalities tho.. he claws me or cuddles with me, no in between
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:05 pm

I just read this entire thread... it's hard to think that was less than 2 years ago..
And dang my story had a buttload of typos. O.O
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 pm

I thought it was very interesting.
Read the whole thing cause i thought it was new then looked at the dates.
They went back to October of last year. T.T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Origin of Nacht Shintekii
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2