The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Origin of Nacht Shintekii

Go down 
+6
Nacho
Nacht Falcon
Killa
Leiter
Twig
Shinteki
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

The Origin of Nacht Shintekii Empty
PostSubject: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:17 am

Prelude

--------------------------------

Nacht Shintekii walked confidently into Nacht Leiter’s office for their scheduled meeting. All columnists were to meet with Nacht Leiter to relay their back story to her, so they could be put into the archives. Being Nacht Leiter’s Elite Guard, Nacht Shintekii was to go first for the “story time,” as the columnists began to call it. Although most were excited for the telling of their history, Nacht Shintekii was less than pleased. She liked to push the past behind her and always look forward. Recalling her history was the last thing she wanted to do on a Saturday morning.

The meeting was set for 8:00am. Nacht Shintekii was at the door of Nacht Leiter’s office at 7:58am. She figured she needed a little breathing time before she all but bared her soul to her Komtur.

At exactly 30 seconds after 7:59, Shintekii began to walk into the office.

Upon her entrance, Nacht Leiter stood up from her desk. On her desk were a simple laptop and some tissues. Those wouldn’t be necessary. As much as Nacht Shintekii’s past hurt, she wasn’t going to cry over it. In front of Nacht Leiter was a rather large and comfy looking armchair. Nacht Shintekii found it odd not having to salute to her superior. Everyone was asked not to salute Nacht Leiter so the meeting felt more personal.

“Please sit down, Shintekii,” said Nacht Leiter in an empathetic manner. Nacht Shintekii did as she was told.

“With all due respect ma’am, I’m not going to cry or get extremely emotional during my story. So you can trash the tissues,” Nacht Shintekii explained.

Nacht Leiter chuckled, “Please Shintekii, begin with your story.”

Nacht Shintekii nodded, “My life started just as any other Fifth Columnist’s did except, my birth was a little different. My mother died in childbirth. My father was Stefan Richter. You may know him as Lord Recluse…"
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Hehe... damn Shin, I actually enjoyed that >.<
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:55 am

Write moreeeeee.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 am

Chapter 1

---------------

Nacht Shintekii nodded, “My life started just as any other Fifth Columnist’s did except, my birth was a little different. My mother died in childbirth. My father was Stefan Richter. You may know him as Lord Recluse…” This fact caused Nacht Leiter to look up in disbelief. She had no idea of Nacht Shintekii’s origins, but she didn’t think it they would be that vivid.

“As you know, Lord Recluse was once very close to Statesman. After Statesman, formerly Marcus Cole, became ill from Mustard Gas poisoning, the two joined together to find a cure. Between the time Marcus got sick and they went searching for a cure, Stefan fell into a depression. During this time he fell in love with a woman named Marissa Moore. She was a soldat in the 5th Column, so relationships with outsiders were forbidden and relationships in general were often looked down upon. This caused Stefan and Marissa to have a secret affair. Shortly after Stefan left with Marcus to find a cure for his sickness, Marissa gave birth to two twin girls. She didn’t know how to contact Stefan in any way, so the two girls were left fatherless. She named them Rachel and Kylie.

Rachel had fair hair and blue eyes (like our mother) and was born with the ability to control minds and manipulate ice. I had red hair (I’m guessing like my father) and the ability to summon the darkness within myself to kill my foes. I also had a pair of claws that I put to good use in a fight. For some reason, I also carried some sort of very latent gene that allowed me to heal others. I never really applied that until I got to the 6th Column. I didn’t really think it could be useful in combat. But that comes later. For the record, that’s my full name: Kylie Richter.

Either way, Rachel and I grew up in the 5th Column and lived with our mother. We were at the top of all of our classes all through childhood. By the time we were 16, Rachel and I became unstoppable. With her mind control, she could stop foes and I would just pick them off until they were all gone. We were often commemorated for our deeds by the offiziers, and we never questioned the motives behind the 5th Column. We were the best, and that’s what mattered. Why question a good thing?

Although we seemed the same around the 5th Column, Rachel was the apple of our mother’s eye. We were the both the best at what we did, but Rachel always won her heart. While out of sight, Rachel would tell me how she’d woo mother using her mind control. At first I was jealous of this fact, but I soon got over it. I loved my sister more than I loved my mother. All she did was sit at home and use the 5th Column computer systems to look for our father. She never found him. All she had was a name.
During free time, I would wonder into the forest to meet my mentor and friend Katherine Stevens. She was most of the reason why I was so powerful. We never discussed where the other came from. It was a mutual understanding that we came to the forest to get away from everything else, so we kept our wits about ourselves. All I know is that she was mixed up in some crazy Crey accident and it make her all cat-like. We would often spar using the trees as obstacles. If we weren’t in the mood for heavy fighting, we’d simply rest in the canopy of the trees and watch the sunset. We could get into deep conversations or just enjoy each other’s company.

Upon Rachel’s and my 17th birthday, we were both promoted. I became Raserei Elite Oberst and she became a Raserei Obersts. Rachel was furious. Apparently, the 5th Column leaders saw more potential in me because I could win people over without mind control. What they needed was someone who could lead and gain respect without using powers to get over. During my first meeting, I was assigned a special task. I was given three soldats to look after. They caused trouble in their squadron so they were dumped onto my list of responsibilities. I was to make them model soldiers. It was part of a trial to see if the soldats could be put into smaller teams to make stronger forces.

I’m going to cut this part a little short because it isn’t too important. Their names were Nacht Abyss who was a tank, Nacht Miasma who was a scrapper, and Nacht Shade who was a defender. All three of them had all dark-based powers except Shade who had a primary power of Empathy. I took them to the beach for a week of training away from the walls of the 5th Column. If they were to learn something, it was going to be on my terms.

It was a week of pure turmoil for them. After a couple of one on one duels, I had gained their respect. Being the tank, Abyss was the hardest to get to submit. But once he gave up trying to fight me, he was the most loyal of the three. Once back on 5th Column turf, the three were almost as unstoppable as Rachel and I once were. We began to separate after the promotion ceremony changed our schedules. We still lived together. We had already moved out of our mother’s house and we saw each other at night. We were still pretty close. I could tell she had softened up about the positions.

So, things began to fall into place pretty much for my life. After another year and a half, I was promoted to Raserei Ubermenschen Obersts. I was assigned Nosferatu and I was to guard him for the upcoming battle at the Ally’s Gorge. The best part was, Abyss, Miasma, and Shade wouldn't stop following me so the leaders allowed them to be my assistants. They were basically my body guards. It was ridiculous...

At a meeting I was given a file on the huge battle that was to occur the next morning. It included all the people that were in the battle and everyone’s job. It was freaking huge! Like 5 inches. So I just didn’t bother. I knew my job. Stand on the ledge of the gorge and make sure the Nosferatu doesn’t get hurt. Simple enough, right? They don’t even bother fighting unless everyone else is dead… I slept like a baby that night. Little did I know, I was in for a reality check tomorrow morning…

Last edited by Shinteki on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : names were wrong >.<)
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:05 pm

Okay, this is all awesome, but um. I don't think Komtur is an actual 5th Column rank. I think we made that up.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:10 pm

We've talked about this Razz
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Alright, I changed it. I think it's more "historically correct" now... Sad
Meanies...
I try to write a good story and all you do is nag nag nag!!
I slave over a hot computer to make you all happy!! And this is what I get! Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:59 pm

<3!
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Damn skippy...

anyway.. I just wanted to make sure your story matched with time lines. Razz

The 5th Column was created around 1927ish.. Stefan was more or less was a member of Arachnos in Rhode Island already...

Though I find it funny... Requiem is Italian >.> and Arachnos is also an organization from Italy.. eh..

So.. are the Devs of CoH saying.. Italians are villains?!

anyway... the story was pretty damn good.

Who knew... Shin is Recluse's daughter and I am Requiem's Son <.<
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 pm

I guess that means if you and Shin had babies they would be UBER BADASS
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Uh.

That would be... Awkward?
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 pm

XD Leiter = <3
Yes our kids would own the universe. affraid
But he's married... so at least we won't bring the apocalypse...
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:09 pm

No no.

See.. Killa isn't married in character..

But I'm trying to figure out how old Shin is in character..

If it was the resurrection of the The 5th Column after WWII, then she could be in her 50s. If it was the original creation... she could be around 82.. >.> any way we put this story... Shin is as old as Killa or just less..

Killa is 88 years old... >.>
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Muhahahaha...

Mwahahahaha....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I sense cataclysm, and it makes me giddy.
Back to top Go down
Nacho
Elite Guard
Nacho

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:07 pm

I really liked this story, though, pushing past whatever inaccuracies that have been discovered. I'm absolutely positive I've heard someone say that tying yourself to such an important character in the City of Heroes canon is incredibly difficult, and that it's asking for some deep research before you're able to be confident Roleplaying.

Some awesome initiative most of you guys are showing, but God help me I'm envious of the drama you guys are making for your characters. Eventually everybody is going to be related to all the cool villains. By the time I want to make my character more interesting by using this technique to add drama, all the cool villains will be gone. "Blablabla....distant cousin of the Lusca." Dang.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Well, back in 2004, my bio was already created.. That Killa joined the 6th Column because The 5th Column killed his father.

As time progressed for me playing CoH, it became more and more clear that Requiem was destined to be Killa's father. I used RL incidents that the Sixth Column went through to write my storyline. Of course change the actual events to mimic a more in character feel.

If you read my story, if I finish it.., that it will unfold those events.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:48 pm

If it makes you feel better, Leiter isn't related to any cool villains or heroes.

Though I am now really tempted to make a Nacht Octopus; DAUGHTER OF THE LUSCA!
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:03 pm

lol, i actually dun like it when people have direct associations with big villians/heroes in the game, but thats just me.

Seen way to many "Son of Statesman"s lol

Though sunstorm is who trained me as a peacebringer, so i have association with the COH world, just nothing direct lol...Also Peace learned hand to hand combat from one of the big heroes when he was not a peacebringer, because he was always trying to become a hero.

I just realized I've never told Peaces origins lol
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 am

lol well, I didn't think there was that many people carrying many ties to hero/villains...

I was already rolling with Requiem a while back. Though it is kewl if Shin wants Recluse.. that's her thing Razz

And to face facts, nobody else has produced that kind of origins Razz
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:38 am

Twig's parents are Emily Jean and Galactwig. All completely made up by me, the only CoH lore I've incorporated was a ritual on Galactwig by The Circle of Thorns that created Galactwig and his seven children's appearances corrupt. And of course, the hate of The 5th for trying to kidnap the children and murdering Galactwig.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:50 am

O i wasn't just saying Shin, tons of people do it, and its whatever floats your boat, i just like to make my bios more free for me you know...Like when we fight requiem, you can act like you two have a huge fude for rp, but requiem will act the same....For my own appeal, cause im starting to find myself more and more of an rp'er, i try to make it easier, so that means no direct involvment with a main character of the game.
But having been recruiting to the pb's by Sunstorm, and learning hand to hand by Brawler...i do that stuff to feel more attached to the coh world when i rp.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 am

Falcon is tied with Crey... But I find it more manageable. He's associated with a group, not an individual, and so he has a vendetta against the lot of them, and however they act works fine. Since no unique characters are involved, there's little "research" into the past of a CoH character... But I'm still connected. And at the same time, he's not so bland as to just hate Crey... I connect his powers and origin with a specific enemy type.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Well, I like having my own involvement, but when you want to RP with more people.. you want to have a similar icon to represent your characters.

So you want to RP in a group of villains.. you don't want to confuse them with your 'made-up figment of your imagination' so you represent your character on something people know about... So you already have a storyline in the game by the villains etc, so it becomes easier to have something in mind when you wish to create your backstory.

That's all I'm saying... if you know Requiem.. then you know he's a union with a Nictus... Killa was born before they united. There is a deeper story to why Killa appears to be 20 when he's 80 years old >.> and it took him to die to look his actual age.. and how did he awaken from death? Well, of course... I don't have the actual idea now, but I will discover this Razz
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Blazes parent's are Nacht Nacho and a flaming piano, full name is Clint Oblivion Esquire. current step mum is Shin. and well, cmon put there sexyness together and you ALMOST get blaze so it works pretty well
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 pm

...this scares me Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of Nacht Shintekii   The Origin of Nacht Shintekii I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Origin of Nacht Shintekii
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next