The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Twig
Admin
Twig

The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion Empty
PostSubject: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:34 am

Twig wrote:
As Head Komtur, I have made the decision that as of now, the roleplaying, uniforms, and that entire portion of who we are is on a complete hiatus. The Sixth Column RP supergroup is currently not active.

However because there are those of us who still play the game quite frequently, we've made a pretty drastic turn. Several of us (including myself, Karnie, Shinteki, and Falcon) have transfered ourselves to play primarily on the Freedom server. This is for a few main reasons.
Freedom is a dramatic change from Virtue. Instead of RP, you have PvP. We still PvE, but enough of us are into PvP that it's simply the best spot to be. Here we can meet new people, it's the most populated server, and connections with new people have already been made.

The groups have already been established. Hero-Side, we are calling ourselves Sixth. Villain-Side, we are calling ourselves Column (the words alone are the names of the SG's). Sixth and Column are PvE and PvP oriented groups that team, vent, and kick ass in whatever we're doing. Just enjoying the game, basically. Anyone is welcome to join, but recruitment won't go much past asking a teammate or two if their interested.

Now until January 31'st is the best time to join. NCSoft is allowing 6 free character transfer/week until the 31st to everyone as a Holiday treat, so moving a toon to join us won't be an issue at all.

So that's where we are right now. Oh, and uh, LF Base Editor! (looks at Leiter) >_>
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm pretty pro at editing bases. >.>

Definately not as good or ever will be as good as Leiter though. D:

We need you! xD
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:07 am

I appreciate the sentiment guys.

It makes me sad to see this happening, mostly because I will absolutely never move my toons to Freedom and because I know that this is in a large way my fault. I can make excuses all day long (holiday season, workload, schoolwork, family, so on and so forth) but really what it boils down to is that I don't have the time or the energy to give to this group that it would require to keep it running as a full-time RP group. So I completely understand the move to Freedom and what amounts to the dissolution of all the group's RP elements.

I'm sad to see it, but I realize that it's pretty much that or nothing.

What that means, though, is that I'm pretty much out of the picture. I'm happy to stick around and pop in every now and again, but as far as the game and leadership goes, I'm pretty much throwing in the towel.

Twig, I've given you admin control of the forums, and if you want I can give you the login info for the website and you have my blessing to mess with it as you will... though if you want me to cancel the site altogether, I can do that too. Or, if you just want to leave it up as, uh, a historical monument or something, I'm happy to keep it going.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:26 am

Leave it up. Smile

And I don't expect you do transfer and do all of this with us.. But uh... As a.. going away present to us, you think you could make a toon and give us just one last pretty base to enjoy? It won't be massive, cause we don't have buttloads of prestige. But.. well.. You're the best editor we have hands down. If not, I totally understand.

Oh, and expect to be contacted via facebook and cell phone quite a bit more now that you're leaving Razz
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 am

Not leaving, per se, but just not in game much. I'll be around on the forums.

And hey, give Karnie a chance to stretch his base-building legs. He'll never get better unless he practices. ;D
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:22 am

boooo
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Hey, bug the devs about finding a way to save and copy bases. Then I'll think about it.
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:12 am

Goodbye Leiter you were like an icon for the sixth and one of my best friends in the game Smile
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Goddamn, people, I'm not gone, I'm just not playing the game.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Aw Leiter you got a Blaze sincere speech.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:24 am

That's me... Leiter: an Icon for the Sixth.

(Get it? Like, Icon, the superhero tailor?)
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:50 am

omg.. no.. just no that wasent funny lol..
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:02 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:03 pm

The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 am

You know how the President has a big, fat stamp on his desk with the word "VETO" on it and he just slaps it on anything he doesn't like?

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:49 am

I know right..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion   The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sixth Column and City of Heroes Update Discussion
Page 1 of 1