The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sixth Column: Evolution

Go down 
+4
Phoenix
Killa
Opus
Twig
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Twig
Admin
Twig

The Sixth Column: Evolution Empty
PostSubject: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Chapter 1: Evolution

All that I could hear were my heavy, desperate gasps. Flashes of red liquid clouded my vision; my nose clogged with the same liquid. My hands clenched with immense force the chair that locked me in place. I thought I was used to pain. This redefined it. I grew accustom to having spines shred my skin open. But the worse part was, I couldn't regenerate this pain. The liquid I injected into myself burnt from the moment leaked inside my arm. It expanded rapidly throughout my body, and the burning sensation quickly went from tolerable, to downright unimaginable. My breathing turned into yelling, which turned into screams.

Pieces of me began to fall off, burning to crisps. My wings, god I would miss my wings. They erupted in flames, and my tail followed. I wanted to cry. On top of the physical torture that was erupting, I was losing pieces of me that had been part of who I was for so many years. The horns followed, they fell into my lap and collapsed into dust. My stone skin began to crumble, leaving a soft pale film of flesh beneath. As I lay writhing, the mutation continued for what felt like eternity. My teeth and fingers sharpened, and the flames that once engulfed my arms and skull died out. I had ears again for the first time in 25 years, and I could hear everything louder than I wanted too, including my own screams. There was no way this was going right. There was no way in hell that this was going right. Suddenly everything went black.

I woke up 2 hours later. The blood had cleared from my eyes and I could see a woman standing over me with a clipboard. She called a young man over who began wiping my forehead and neck. The locks that restrained me were still in place.

"Leiter.. unlock these damn things. How.. how did it go?"
"I'm not unlocking you. Not just yet."
"Wha- what the hell? Why the fuck not?"
"Because we need to find out if the serum worked, now don't we?"

I understood what she meant. I nodded for the boy to back away and began lifting my arms and flexing my wrist. I tugged inward and the locks busted clean off.

"Holy-"
"Just the beginning." Leiter grinned.
"So how are you feeling? You put on quite a show, I'd hate for anyone interested in the serum to see the recording. Might turn them off to the whole idea."

I looked a bit embarrassed.
"I'm.." I didn't complete my thought. I was entranced by my arms. And my legs, and my torso. And my ears - they had to have been a foot long. I could see more clearly than ever. Sounds were amplified immensely. I felt my back for the wings that were no longer there and for the horns that I remember smoldered in my lap. I had feet again. It was so much to take in at once.
The Sixth Column: Evolution Twigafterserum
"I'm... feeling great."
"Wonderful news."

I stood up. Something seemed odd.
"Am I taller?"
"Yes you are."
"I feel so light."
"You're a Vampyri now Twig. Everything about you has changed. Go on, pull out one of those spines of yours."

How could I have forgotten? I ejected a spine from my palm as naturally as ever. It wasn't so much of a spine anymore though. Instead of the poisonous barb I was used to, a thinner, black spike emerged. Leiter got another kick out of my expression.

"We've been running tests on your new spines. One fell out of your arm while you were blacked out. They can withstand exactly 11.6 tons of force. TwigDeath, sir. You are a new man. Your regeneration is still very much intact, but it isn't radiation that heals you anymore. It's your skin itself. It's almost impossible to scathe, and when it does manage to take impact, it regenerates instantaneously."

I gave Leiter a glare.
"How much did you test on me while I was blacked out.."
"Enough."
"And the verdict?"
"Sir, you were the most powerful Sixth Columnist of this generation. Now it's safe to say you are the most powerful of all time. The verdict? Success."
"Excellent.. Where's my uniform?"

The Sixth Column: Evolution Twiguniformed

Last edited by Twig on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm going to continue writing this, hopefully. The point is to give everyone a perspective on the modern Sixth Column. There will not be any familiar faces that are no longer around. Yes that means you Peace Razz
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Epic.
Pictoral reference wins.

Leiche's name (title, first, last) : Oberführer Johan von Oberresteich
Cool little ü symbol: Alt + 1, 2, 9

Last edited by Opus on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/domeslap
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Nice compliment for a story. It'll give a good feel of what you're going for for the new Sixth direction.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 am

To clarify, I will only write about people actually in the SG roster.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Soldat
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Nice story Twig...
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/phoenix24
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm in a story!

(Also, minor point of interest, Vampyri is the plural. Vampyr is the singular. <3)
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

(( Yey grammorz. ))

Serrisly, bro, good schtuff. I applaud. But this, this is a prologue. What happens before the story. I want to see the real scoop, the shindig, the going's-on. You got this.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Soldat
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Twig and I are currently working on it Wink
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/phoenix24
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Twig wrote:
Yes that means you Peace Razz

Why Would I ever want to be in a story you wrote? And one promoting a uniform without kevlar?!?!!?!?
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:27 pm

I always did like the kevlar, but "change" is the new "money"
Just look at the White House
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Leiter are you sure? I thought indivdually they were Vampyr, but the are the "Vampyri". So I meant, you are a Vampyri now, as in, you are a human now, but I guess you could say you are vampyr now, just like you are human now.

Did that make sense? Razz
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Also if you have any opinions non-grammar related, I'd love to hear those The Sixth Column: Evolution Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:35 am

100% sure -- and Paragonwiki backs me up. One Vampyr, many Vampyri. So you could be 'one of the Vampyri' but you would still be 'a Vampyr'.

As far as non-grammatical opinions go:

Yay! I love reading things. I also love that I am all scientifical and that you have a huge ego apparently (teh most powarfull of ALL TIEM). Seriously though, I loved it, looking forward to more.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:05 am

Unless someone can beat me in game, I win. ::thumbs up::

Basically, I earned it Razz
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Twig wrote:
Unless someone can beat me in game, I win. ::thumbs up::

Workin' on it.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:27 pm

It'll never happen. As long as it took Twig to get so powerful... and by the time you work that long.. Twig would have got much more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 pm

I very seriously doubt that any of us will ever beat Twig. He's just too hardcore
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:57 pm

There are two things you fail to understand.

1. Twig has only a few sets before he is truly as powerful as he can become, and as of now has some suitable sub-ins. So he's not really getting that much stronger.

2. Twig -created- what I'm working on. He's already aware that it might be stronger than he is.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:37 pm

There's also user input to consider
Twig probably has all attack cycles and shit down.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Not even a few sets, just 3 more Enhancements.. Razz
All good points, but we shall find out some day.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:09 pm

bet i could beat you up in rl Razz
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Bitch bring it.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Oh don;t worry
I will
when you least expect it!
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:40 pm

Inspector Jaques Clouseau wrote:
Hai!!!!....Gewd one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Column: Evolution   The Sixth Column: Evolution I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sixth Column: Evolution
Page 1 of 1