The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back Again

Go down 
+5
Nacht Falcon
Karnie
Leiter
Twig
Angel
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Chap 6. one of my longest. finally you get to find out Angels true identity...
(sorry for cliche dream/nightmare way of finding out her past)

The minute I heard that soft music in my ear I knew my sub conscious had betrayed me, soon I would trapped in a nightmare reminding me of one of the worst days of my life…
The music was soft to the ear, perfect for a slow dance; many couples clung to each other, swaying along to the music, whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears. I could see my mother and father to my left, my mother’s head resting on my father’s broad chest. He held onto her with such love that I couldn’t wait to feel myself. She had her eyes closed and was smiling sweetly as he muttered words of love from above. My older sister was very close to her latest catch, he was young, tall and gorgeous, and her usual type she went for. They swayed together close to the windows both looking out onto the sea where the moons reflection glistened on the waters surface. I myself clung on to the person I loved most in the world, my older brother. There had been many girls at the party that had longed for a dance, but there was one girl in his life that never had to bat her eyelids to get his attention, and that girl was me. He was only a year and a half older then myself and subsequently we had always been close. The four-year age gap between my sister and myself had made it harder for us to become friends, although in the recent years she had shown an interest in my love life. It was perfect; the night had been a great success. The Stone family had once again held a fantastic party in celebration of one of the greatest crime lords, and a member of The Family had now been disposed of, as well as the warehouse of drugs, guns and other such felonies. All thanks to one Mr Stone. We once again welcomed, friends, family, celebrities, fellow heroes and the press into our home like the good socialites we were. This was my future, if I didn’t develop my powers I would be heiress to one of the greatest fortunes in Paragon City, and if I did, well I would as well, I just wouldn’t have to organise as many parties. Everything was perfect as I gave my brother a tight squeeze as the song grew to a close.
Everything that happened after that hug happened too fast for myself or my sub-conscious to remember. There was glass breaking around me, guns firing and people yelling. I remember screaming and being pushed down as my brother protected me from the shower of glass coming towards us.
“Stay low Lex” I heard him yell as he shot a blast of ice at one of the men in all black that came through the window. Everyone was panicking. Guest ran, hiding, screaming, and trying to find their love ones they had clung to not long ago. I could see my sister crying, screaming as my father yelled orders at her. He smashed his way through the crowds of black, fighting back as best he could. I searched around, I couldn’t see my mother anywhere. I stood up, disobeying my brothers orders, looking around the room determined to find my mother. That was one of the worse things I could have done.
“No! Lex don’t look!” My brother grabbed me as I located her, and her cold body lying on the floor. A blank expression covered her face as she lay there. Blood spilled over her face, tainting her perfect skin and bright blond hair.
“No mum!” I screamed as my brother tried to keep me in his grasp. I didn’t understand why he stopped me.
“I can heal her, I can! I know I can!” I yelled from the top of my lungs as a bullet came close to my face. Alex pushed me down to the ground again as he froze the men coming at us, encasing them in a thick layer of ice. I looked back at my mother only to see her engulfed in flames. The flames that came from my very own sister as tears stained her cheeks.
“No, why! Why did you do that?!” I was running towards her now. I was so confused. I couldn’t see all the men around me, all the bodies that covered the floor. The blood that stained the perfect cream carpet that I had picked with the only body that I recognised on the floor. My tears came in non-stopped streams as I ran toward my sister.
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry” She was chanting, over and over again. She could see the pain that she had caused me and ignored her own pain instead to try and comfort me. I hated her so much at the moment that I couldn’t see her pain. She had just burned her own mother’s body but I didn’t care because it was my mother too.
“I…I hate you!” I screamed at her. “I could have saved her! I could have at least tried!” She had fallen to the floor now, sobbing to herself as I let my rage take over me. I was about to hit her, to get some sense into her, to make her listen to me. But I didn’t get a chance. Alex had his arms wrapped around me once more pulling me away as a shower of bullets came our way. I still stared at my sister in disbelief; I couldn’t comprehend what was happening. It was all happening to fast. It was when I saw the bullet that time stood still. I watched as the bullet pierced into her forehead, I watched the blood splatter out of the hole, leaking down her face. I watched as her shaking figure went limp, lifeless. I screamed again struggling in my brother’s grip to turn and find out who was causing this pain. That’s when I finally saw the chaos. The bodies on the floor. The bullets in the air and the unmistakable uniform of The Council. Faces blank as they took life away from all of the people in this room. The heroes in the room fought back with little avail. My brother finally let go of me as he joined my father and the heroes in the fight. I was in the corner of the room, hidden behind the tall figures of my father and brother. More men pilled into the room. Flying in through the broken windows. Coming up through the main door to our three-story penthouse apartment. I watched in amazement as my father crushed the bones of the council and my brother chilled them to the bone with just a touch. But it was no use more were coming. They could hold them off for much longer. We would all die here.
“Alex take Lex to the roof, take the emergency packs and go!” My brother looked shocked at this order.
“You’ll die here, even you can’t kill this many…” He was interrupted as another wave of soldiers came closer.
“I don’t care, I want you two to be safe, save yourselves. Now!” His order was stern and my brother couldn’t do anything but obey. He grabbed my arm and ran towards the door to the stairs as my father tried to cover us from behind.
I heard the machine gun long before I heard the grunt of my father close to my ear. He had used himself as a shield to protect us. I began crying again, if I had actually ever stopped.
“Protect her Alex.” He whispered as he wedged himself between us and the men coming towards us. And then we ran. We ran like we had never run before. We took the stairs two at a time, running straight to the top of the building. I could hear footsteps below us as we reached the last flight that lead to the roof. Alex pushed the emergency door open setting of various alarms. He went straight towards a cabinet near an air vent. I followed not knowing what else to do. He motioned for me to turn around as he placed a large backpack on my back.
“Take this, remember what I taught you, don’t look back, just run, get as much cash out as you can and then just keep on running. Get as far away from here as possible.” He was strapping the backpack to my front, shoving a credit card in my hand and a phone and key in the other.
“Keep it off for now, use it only in emergencies, they can track you through it. Go to the safe in Steel, get everything you can. Maybe transfer it to a different one under another name. Any code you need is your birthday.” He nudged me closer to the edge as the shouts from the men below became louder. He hugged me quickly as I began to realise what he was doing. He hadn’t said anything about him coming with me.
“What about you?” I asked quickly but he just squeezed me tighter. I could feel his tears on my shoulder as he silently said goodbye. He always said he’d do anything for me, and for once in my life I hated him for it. The door burst open and five men came streaming through looking around before locating us and getting ready to aim.
“Stop. Don’t fire, we need her alive.” The tallest one ordered as the four others stood down. They were talking about me but why?
“Do as I said, get away, don’t tell anyone who you are.” I could hear the pleading in his voice as he let me go and faced the men before us.
“You will never lay a hand on my sister!” He yelled as a blizzard gathered around the five men. With a quick turn he pulled the string at the side of the backpack and pushed me off of the building letting the blizzard take me away from the building.
“I love you Alexis. I’m sorry.” He turned again lunging towards the men. My tears stopped then. I had no more. He went out of view and all I could see was windows swooping past me too quickly. It then occurred to me that I was falling. I closed my eyes waiting for the floor to come and take away the pain in my heart that had come from the death of most likely my entire family.

With a loud scream I sat up in bed shaking from the horrible nightmare that had haunted me for several years. Always too real for my liking. I shock violently as sweat ran down my forehead and tears spilled from my eyes. It took me five minuets to calm down and finally take in my surroundings. The room was still and cold. I looked to the empty space next to me on the bed, still made with no sign of the man who should have been lying there.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Very good...
Peace is def. just outside smoking a cig Angel calm down!
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:20 pm

All caught up. Excellent, keep writing.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Soldat
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 am

I am totally speechless... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/phoenix24
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:50 pm

chap. 7 Smile
Also, unless i get the next chap done before Wednesday next one wont be for a while as its my birthdaayy =D
So consequently i will be getting very, very drunk and fat on cakeee and wont have much time to write Smile

Also after the next couple, chaps will come slower, not only because of deadlines for assignments but also cause I DON'T KNOW WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NEXXXXT!! Smile

Anyywaay Chap. 7

-

I slowly got out of the bed and look around at the dark room. I saw the empty glass on the desk, bringing back memories of a horrible liquid, which had burned my throat. I could still feel it, my throat still burned with every breath. Although that could have also been the scream. When I finally stood up I felt the beginnings of a hangover and quickly placed a hand on my forehead like I had at the bar removing all alcohol from my veins, and healing my throat. There was a slight breeze from the open window behind me. I walked slowly over to the bathroom door and knocked on it twice. A minute passed and no sound had come from the room. With a gently push the door opened to reveal a very small and empty bathroom. And then I panicked, I rushed towards the front door before I vaguely realised I was wearing only an oversized t-shirt. I shoved my shorts and boots back on, quickly grabbed my tank top and put my flak jacket on as the door shut behind me.
The city was quiet. With only the faint sounds of cars on the highway above. It was still dark but my eyes adjusted fairly quickly as I looked around the street for any signs of life. I walked up and down the street a couple of times, checking any ally ways on the way in case he was just having a cigarette. As my search of the surrounding area came to an end with no leads I decided it would be best to look from higher ground. I arrived back at Peace’s apartment building quickly and with a swift glance around easily jumped the 10 feet gap between the fire escape and myself.
I was only one floor up from Peace’s apartment when I saw the flash. It was a couple of blocks away and contrasted greatly against the dark sky. I carried on climbing until I reached the top and hauled myself up and onto the roof. The roof too much like the one from the nightmare I had had to relive only minuets before. I deep breath kept the tears back as I looked around. No one walked the streets at this time of night; there were few lights on the street surrounding the paths in darkness. I searched for any movement, but I couldn’t see any.
“Where are you…” I whispered quietly to no one. The light I had seen before flicked into my sight to my right. I spun around catching a small glimpse of the white light. It wasn’t far away, down the street, left, right another left. The light came again. Lighting up the surrounding area. I could see movement, small figures or shadows. I moved back to the fire escape, taking the steps two at a time, finding it took a lot less time coming down then it had getting up. With a slight thump I landed on the floor moving into a sprint up the street. All those laps had helped my stamina a lot, that the quick sprint I made from his apartment building to the source of the light took no time or energy at all. As I got closer I could hear crashes and shouts. I slowed quickly and pushed myself against the wall of a building close by, edging along the bricks masking my presence as best I could. With each step I could hear what had to be a fight clearer and clearer. The commotion stopped suddenly and I wondered if I had been found. I held my breath as I crept closer to the corner letting my head pop around to finally see the small battlefield in front of me. It was what seemed to be an abandoned car park. And there he was. Standing tall in the middle of a circle of Supa Trolls. I remembered the old lady at the café mentioning them, I had only ever seen the once before and had long thought they had become extinct or at least destroyed. But these men surrounding my superior were very much real, and very much alive and kicking. Peace was not as much alive, but defiantly kicking. He lunged at the different Trolls, taking hits as he did, using only his bare hands and legs as his weapons. For someone who had supposedly spent the last five years in strip clubs and bars he was still very much the same old Peace in tip top condition. He threw one of the trolls at another, while the others slowly advanced on him, watching the circle of Trolls around him growing smaller and tighter. Peace stood in the middle, eyes closed, hands clenched. I could recognise that stance anywhere. I had seen it many times before from both Peace and other members of the column. He was going to Nuke them. When a small smirk came to Peace’s featured I knew to hide.
“What you laughing about, you’re surrounded?!” One of them yelled not long before Peace let out all his pent up energy leash on them. The explosion of energy was loud and a lot more precise then it had used to be. I listened as bodies went flying in all directions against walls, fences, and cars. I turned round the corner. They were all dead, burnt from the pure energy or from the force that had sent them flying. The smirk still played on his lips as he saw me in the corner of his eye. Slowly I moved from my crouch coming round the corner fully. He turned towards me letting me take in his features, his eyes were dull, there was a prominent cut near his right shoulder on his chest and from the shaking I didn’t need to guess that he wasn’t in as good a condition as I had thought. With a loud thump he collapsed to the floor.
“Shit” I muttered running towards him, letting my inner medic take over. I placed my hand on his forehead, he was hot, probably a fever. Most likely exhaustion. His eyes were unresponsive and he couldn’t seem to hear me. I moved him flat onto his back studying the cut that ran from his collarbone up and over his shoulder. I grabbed the tank top from my pocket and placed it over the base of the cut near his chest to stop the bleeding, moving my other hand over his shoulder to begin healing. I let the green glow seep into the wound, cleaning, cleansing and healing. Pulling the broken tissue back together and replenishing the cells. I moved my hand along the cut, repeating the motion.
“Wash, rinse, repeat” I mumbled to myself as I did when healing a wound. The bleeding was slowly beginning to stop and I was about half way down the cut when I heard the footsteps coming towards us. Startled I leapt up swinging around to face whoever had interrupted my procedure. Before I could yell and scream my mouth was met with a very quick but equally hard fist that sent me flying over Peace’s still body towards the wall behind. With a swift movement of my hands a soft pile of dirt rose up from the ground that cushioned the blow. I got up from the mud quickly, cricking my neck before heading straight for the man, or Troll behind my broken jaw. A thick layer of rock encased Peace safely and stopped the Supa Troll in front of my from causing him any harm. I sped towards the man that out did me in both height and size, but that had never stopped me before. Pulling my fist back I let a casing of sharp rock bleed out of my skin and over said fist, just long enough before his own jaw came into contact with it. The crunch and crack of his jaw was very satisfactory I decided looking down at the man who had fallen from the blow and looking very surprised at it. It wasn’t so satisfactory when I noticed out the corner of my eye that many more Trolls had come to the area.
“Well aren’t you a feisty one” Was the smart remark from the man laying on the floor clutching his face. A new circle surrounded Peace and myself. Getting closer with every step. I watched the man below carefully as he steadily stood up, a painful smirk coming to his lips. I backed up closer to Peace, placing myself in between the man closest to us and Peace.
“Step aside, this man has taken out many of my brothers, he needs to die” Spoke the man in front of me.
“And...And what if I don’t?” I spoke as calmly as I could, but knew the look of shock and pain betrayed my cool image. If Peace was awake he would just Nuke them again. But he wasn’t and I couldn’t Nuke. I wracked my brain for ideas as the man came closer.
“Then you will die too, little girl.” That’s when my temper broke out, I didn’t care about people telling me I was going to die, it was the general threat that was thrown out in the middle of battle so many times that we learnt to ignore it. However being called a little girl was something that touched a little closer to home, because of my height I was always mistaken for someone a lot younger and weaker. Always the easy target or the one to be protected. And I hated that, hated it more then anything. With a short cry I created a wall that locked Peace, the Troll and myself in. The wall towered above the Supa Troll and blocked out the small slight from the moon, immersing us in shadow. I leapt towards the troll immediately, covering more then just my arm in a stone casing, protecting my self from his immense strength. I swiped at his face again which he quickly dodged leaving him unstable, I took that opening to swoop down swinging my leg around, hitting the side of his leg, just above the ankle. He abruptly fell, crashing to the ground. I jumped up fast, barely missing the arm that grabbed out for me. Before he could get the chance to get up I turned swiftly and lunged down for him, using the momentum of the swing to drive my now sharp spike of an arm down into his heart.
I stayed there for a while, breathing heavily, looking down at the now lifeless body around my arm. Slowly I let the stone ease back into my skin, allowing me to get my arm out with ease. I could feel the trolls behind the wall trying to break through for then I could hear them. I never liked killing people, I was a medic, I healed and protected. I stood up, and stared at the sky, breathing in the night air. It filled my lungs and calmed me down. With one final deep breath, I looked over to Peace, letting his stone barrier fall back and sink into the ground. He was still unconscious but breathing. I cricked my neck and loosened out my arms as I walked over to him. I had noticed a manhole cover just behind Peace, it was my best choice. I pulled him up by the arm and dragged it over my shoulder, using my other hand to support him from behind by grabbing onto his hip. It reminded me of the many times Shinteki and myself had to haul him back to the base completely and utterly drunk. Although it was a lot harder carrying him without her. A small tear escaped at the memory. With a flick of the wrist a small shoot of stone flicked the manhole cover open, I looked down the small hole. We weren’t going to both fit, I looked at Peace’s still face, I felt bad for what I was about to do, but when I remembered his reaction at the strip club I let a small smirk come to my lips and dropped him down the hole.

-
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:25 am

Nice...

It's doing something to the story that's enabling a delay of getting to Light. Which actually is pretty cool. Instead of going straight to Light.. trying to figure out a cure or help him... Peace acts stupid and starts fighting Trolls Razz
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:08 pm

You bitch...

Good read though, i def. woulda nuked 'em...cause thats fun to me. And apparently you can fight, who knew?

O and killa....trolls need to die, and maybe i'm relieving stress. Or preparing for something....

Naw your right i'm just killing trolls
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Well you did strangle me!

and of course i can fight, i'm a bitch remember?

and yes Trolls deserve to die.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:41 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:27 am

we need a national kill troll awareness month...people are not doing there part
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

....Well... Trolls aren't really my thing..
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:35 am

last time i played i found them having a party XD

killed like 60 of them =D
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Go angel.

Twig you just dont want to kill trolls for some reason?

Could Twig secretly be a troll? O wait...he's a vampire now Razz
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Bahahhahaha I get it. No just haven't posted cause I haven't read yet Razz
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Yeah i know....didn't really have any other way of making fun of you for the vampire thing.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Um yeah bit unexpected, but I've been thinking about the story for a while and Nacho requested that I hurry the hell up with writing it so I decided to write some more, expect more chapters as I actually know what's going to happen in the next couple! Only a short one here but hey whatever Smile Yay for fun times in the sewers! XD

Back Again – Chapter 8

It was quiet down in the sewers, the only sounds were that of the dripping liquids from the ceiling, my light footprints on the pavement and the breathing of the unconscious and very heavy comrade I had on my back. I had tried several ways of carrying the Peacebringer, but giving him a piggy back ride was the only way that meant his wasn’t being dragged along, which of course I knew I would get punished for if I did.
I had covered the man hole up with a very thick stone that blended in with the ground above, thankfully the trolls hadn’t figured out where we had disappeared to. I had no idea where we were, I was disorientated, tired and hungry, and the great lump of a man on my back was not helping. Grumpily I dropped him onto the floor and slumped down next to him making sure the wall was supporting him enough. It was still dark outside, not that I would really be able to tell down here. I was so exhausted; the last couple of days had taken its toll on me. Although I had tried to keep up my fitness over the last few years it seemed that without my superiors making me do 20 laps a day thanks to my mistakes and forgetfulness I was not as fit as I had thought I was. Of course I hadn’t expected to be carrying a man twice my size through the sewers, but here I was, in the sewers below Skyway City with a man I hadn’t ever expected to see again. I reached over to his scarred arm once again and let the light green glow seep into the skin and smooth it over.
“Maybe, we can rest just a little longer. Sir” The small question barely made a sound as I fell asleep, my head resting on his shoulder.
“Your eyebrows look funny” Peace stated this so matter-of-factly that I didn’t really understand what he was going on about. I didn’t know how long I had slept for, but my sleeping buddy was obviously feeling more conscious now.
“Eh?” I felt my face give him a very confused look as I slowly move away so that my back was against the cold wall.
“Your eyebrows look funny.” The man next to me was studying them very closely as I frowned and brought my hand up to said eyebrows, wiping my finger across on gently. I moved the finger down to my eye level and examined it as Peace continued to watch my evaluation.
“Oh. The powder has come off. It’s supposed to last a couple of days. I guess I forgot to reapply it with everything that’s happened.” I explained it all very clearly but he still looked not confused but displeased at this statement.
“I’m naturally blonde Peace. You’re not supposed to dye your eyebrows so I had to use powder.” This seemed to be a better explanation as he finally stopped scrutinising my eyebrows and looked away.
“Ah. Yeah, I forgot. You weren’t dyeing your hair just for the uniform.” I decided not to reply to that as I knew nothing I would say would help heal the hurt and betrayal they all felt. I kept my face down waiting for him to make the next move.
When he finally stood up and looked around he looked more like himself.
“Right, so where are we exactly?” Peace looked down at me questioningly as he offered his hand to me. I happily accepted the help as my body was incredibly sore from sleeping on the sewer floor. Only God new what was in my clothes and hair from our adventures down in the sewers.
“Well, um, I’m not quite sure. All I know is that we are in the sewers. Still under Skyway, I think. I don’t really have any clue; I was too busy carrying you, to notice where I was going.” Peace didn’t look very happy at my confession as he leant against the wall once again, sighing deeply and wiping his forehead. He was tired, the fight last night had taken it out of him, I needed to get him in a bed and quickly. Hah, that would have set off a lot of innuendoes with the guys.
“Whose number do you have?” I asked quietly, studying his face as he cricked his neck. He gave me a funny look.
“I heard you over the radio, you guys set up a number tree for emergencies. Whose number do you have?” I asked again for sternly that I should of, I wasn’t suppose to know about the number tree, and judging my Peaces face he wasn’t really too surprised that I knew but still wasn’t that happy about it.
“Who do you think I got? Seeing as you seem to know everything” He didn’t look very impressed.
“If I guess right will I get a prize?” Okay definitely wrong thing to say, he wasn’t ready to be friends again. Friends didn’t give each other death glares. I immediately shut up.
“Heretic.” He stated. “Not that he’ll be much help with Light though” He looked glum at the thought of the other Peacebringer.
“Well at least he’ll be able to carry you better then I can. Can you walk?” He nodded, but winced slightly when he began to move. I quickly stepped in beside him and let him rest him arm around my shoulder for support.
“We’ll get out at the next manhole and find a payphone, okay?” He nodded again and with a mock salute he added.
“Yes ma’am” I rolled my eyes but let a tiny smile grace my lips at the thought of Peace not wanting to kill me anymore. Maybe it can go back to what it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:44 pm

<3!
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:07 pm

Holy shit nice, cleaning right now but will read later today
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Short chapter, but only because I wanted to post a cliff hanger like so many authors I love do -.-'' I am writing the next part now though, however chapter 10 will be fighting, so who knows how long that will take -.-

Chapter 9

“Oh for fuck sake Heretic a phone is there to be answered!” I yelled loudly as I threw the phone back and watched it with utter contempt as it swung back and forth hitting the sides of the phone booth.
“Still no answer?” Peace asked casually, completely ignoring my little scene. I eased but out of the phone booth and looked at my comrade who sat on the floor, head back against the clear plastic of the booth.
“Nope, just like the other ten times I called” I huffed as I sat down next to him, closing my eyes as I looked up to the midday sun. I was surprised that we’d slept for so long uninterrupted in the sewers, although I guess many people don’t visit the sewers as much as I apparently do.
“Well what now?” I ask cautiously, breathing deeply to calm myself down. I had kept my emotions in check for the last 5 years, why did they all want to come out now? I huffed again and frowned. Why should I have to hide my emotions anyway? Yes I felt bad for hiding everything from them and betraying them, but hadn’t I suffered enough? Maybe if I showed my angry emotions I could also show my happy ones, maybe I could smile again, like the girl in the picture. Self consciously I put my hand over my jacket pocket, checking to make sure the picture was still there.
“How did you find me?” I was bought out of my thoughtful daze as Peace looked at me sternly.
“Just a feeling I guess, that and asking some locals” I stated not looking up at him, my hand still clutching my jacket pocket. If the answer didn’t satisfy him he didn’t say.
“Come on, let’s go, we’ll grab something to eat on the way.” He quickly got up and started to walk away. I too quickly got up and jogged over to him, for someone who is injured he can still walk pretty fast, and let him put his arm around my shoulder for support.
“Where we heading? You know where he is?” I questioned him as I glanced around taking in our surroundings.
“Just a feeling I guess” He mocked as he pointed at another man hole. I rolled my eyes in frustration and bent down to lift it up. I climbed down the ladder quickly as Peace followed, covering the hole up once again. We set off once again with my superior resting most of his weight on me.
“So seriously where are we going?” I asked again, I hated not knowing where we were heading, we needed to get back to Light, the IV would run out soon. I couldn’t leave him alone for much longer.
“Dark Astoria”
That was all he said for the rest of the walk, we never did get anything to eat but after 3 hours we reached the foggy hell that is Dark Astoria.
It was dark unsurprisingly, and foggy, and very very quiet. I didn’t think anyone sane actually lived here. Although this was Heretic.
“This feeling of yours better be a good one” I stated, glaring at my surroundings as well as my superior. I never liked Dark Astoria, it was a hazard zone, filled with god knows what, it was dark and dingy and I never liked coming here on missions. Because of that I got them down quickly this unfortunately meant that my team got sent here a lot.
Peace didn’t even bother looking around; he walked around the place like he knew exactly where he was. How he did this I have no idea, I couldn’t even tell where we had come from with all this fog, let alone where we were going. He could walk on his own now, his superior healing kicking in, although he did have a bit of a limp.
“How are you feeling?” Peace looked back over his shoulder at me as he looked around. He had a strange look in his eyes.
“In what context sir?” I mockingly curtsied as I replied. He stopped near a building and sat down beside it, his back resting on the old bricks. With one eyebrow raised he didn’t seem too impressed by my joke.
“How is your health, physical not mental?” There was a very blatant hint of annoyance and impatience laced into his words, but he smile slightly as he said it.
“Not at its best but well enough to keep going” I stated. I had my back to him looking around the small clearing. Surrounded by deserted buildings and odd bits of shrubbery it was about 10 by 20 meters in size and very very uninviting. I was so engrossed by my evaluation of the area I didn’t notice the tall figure behind me.
“Ready?” Peace whispered close to my ear. His voice made me freeze in my place. His breathing got heavier very quickly and I felt his body tense and the rippling of the alien power within him. Letting his Peacebringer power run through his body he began to change each limb from his usual human-like form to his huge Kheldian dwarf. He always used this form in battle; I braced myself for a fight.
Against who, I still wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 am

Good stuff. Very Happy
Keep writing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back Again
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2