The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back Again

Go down 
+5
Nacht Falcon
Karnie
Leiter
Twig
Angel
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:38 pm

So this is just a little something i've been working on may continue it as i've already planned like 3 more chapters in my head but i wanted to see if you guys liked it first (:

In my POV, please be nice~

Tall buildings, Monorail trains weaving in and out, commuters in cars, by foot, Bank robbers, punks, carnies, freakshow, council, villains and the heroes who fought them. I thought I had left this all behind. But here I was, away from my quiet life, in my small town, slowly walking down the sidewalk, along the central road of steel canyon. A lot had changed in the last 5 years though. The streets were littered and the sky was grey. I stayed close to the shadows, like in the old days when I was just a beginner to the whole “hero” thing. Hiding from groups of freakshow just so I could get to Icon; the best costume designers in paragon. I could see the silhouettes of a group up ahead. I don’t know why, but I was slightly scared. I used to walk down these streets with pride and confidence, not afraid of anything or anyone. You learn a lot at war. I slipped into an ally before they saw me and ducked down next to a dumpster. I wasn’t really scared of them; I was more scared of who would come if they knew who I was. I learnt a lot as a hero, from my mentors, friends and experiences. I knew how to avoid villains when necessary. I knew how to defend others and myself. I knew the best way to deal with a fire and how to disarm a bomb. I also knew the ins and outs of the sewer network like the back of my hand and thankfully could still remember it.
I looked around the corner of the dumpster and saw a group of outcasts who looked incredibly bored. When they turned round checking out some “hot chick with big tits” on the other side of the road I crawled around the dumpster to the man hole that lead to the oh so lovely sewers. I silently lifted up what covered it and jumped into the sewer with a just as silent landing. I quickly navigated around the sewers with ease till I got to the familiar exit to the sixth column base. It didn’t exactly lead straight into the base as many villains had found out but it was close enough. I climbed up the ladder and out of the sewer to an empty road and desert. It was about now, as I turned around to see the giant complex that I used to call home that my heart started to beat unnecessarily fast.
I took a deep breath as I pushed open the broken squeaky door and took in the view. This was where we checked in and out from missions and outings. The desks and computers had been trashed, the wallpaper was ripped and bloodstained, and broken glass covered most of the floor. Stepping over fallen plants and treading carefully on broken glass I made my way across the room to the main hall. It was where most of the fighting had happened at the end. I tried not to think of it. There were passageways that lead to offices, training rooms and dorms on each side. Looking up I could see the glass wall of the Kumtors office on the floor above with a ripped sixth column banner hanging down across pictures of past and present kumtors and officers. I walked closer to the wall of pictures seeing the faces of those I loved and had looked up to.
I suddenly turned around and backed up against the wall as I heard a sound from within the complex. As I unclenched my hands I remembered why I was here and followed the sound down one of the staircases to the officers quarters. It was getting brighter the further I went down into the base, even though the lights were not on. There were great flashes of light and the noise got louder the closer I got. I arrived at a familier door that I was sent to a lot. In my soldat days a good friend and I got into a little mischief. The door handle was cold on my bare hands, another loud noise came from the room and I jumped back. I zipped up my jacket and braced myself. I lightly kicked the door open and with a whoosh and another bang it was fully open. The bright light was so blinding that I hid behind spread fingers. I crept into the office staying close to the walls. He was in the far right corner on the floor. When he noticed me he looked up, his eyes filled with pain and thankfulness. There was a rush of power that came out of him with a bright light and a bang. I ducked down as it came straight at me. He stood up.
“Angel?!” his voice was distressed, but the sound of it was comforting. It was a voice that I had heard a million times and made me feel like I was home. I cough slightly with the dust and slowly stood up, prepared for another burst of energy if needs be. As he saw I was not injured he relaxed a little.
“I can’t control it…” He said quietly turning back to his corner as another burst of energy came out of him into the wall, shaking the room and making him slide back into the broken three-legged desk. I walked up to the desk, lifting it slightly as a small stone leg crawled up from the floor and grasped onto the desk making it stand when I let go. I signalled to the desk as he turned around and then immediately sat on the desk.
“I’m sorry for bringing you back here, I just didn’t know whom else to call” He whispered while analysing my face. I brushed my hair out of my face and pulled the rest up into a high pony tail. Finally making eye contact with him I could see how tired he looked, and how much effort it was taking just to sit up right. I motioned for him to lie down instead as his hands began to get brighter. He shock his head and clenched his fist trying to fight it. I grabbed his burning hot hands of bright light and covered them in a light rocky texture trying to suppress the energy. It work for a bit until the rock broke and the energy burst flew to the floor, making a slight hole that looked down to the dorms. Again I motioned for him to lie down and he agreed. Standing by his head I check his pulse, it was slow, and getting slower as he let his body go limp. I pressed my hand on his forehead and let the green glow seep into his skin. I shut my eyes and felt my power run through his veins. They were weak, ready to burst from the energy that kept rushing through them. He had a few broken ribs and some cuts and bruises that weren’t serious but were causing some discomfort. I could feel his heart beating faster and faster. It was coming. I squeezed his hand as I saw the discomfort and worry in his eyes.
“It’ll be okay” with those last words I covered the room in a thick layer of rock and earth letting it take over the room, as he sat up trying to keep it in his hands.
“It’s okay, just let it out.” He opened his hands and a much bigger burst of energy came out smashing the walls and sending us both flying into the wall. As he hit the wall I soften the wall making it earth instead of rock. Letting my own body heal itself I ran over to his limp body. Again checking his pulse and body for any more damage. The shock had moved one of his ribs and he was in great pain. I ripped his shirt open and tried to stop the bleeding with it, as I let the empathy take the pain away. I looked up at him; he was so tired and didn’t have the energy to keep himself alive anymore. I moved the rib back into place and slowly began to heal it. The light began again and he was jerked awake.
“Just let it out” I said again. He complied and let the energy smash the wall across from us, but just as soon as the wall had gone the stone grew back covering up the hole. He was sweating a lot and breathing heavily as I fixed his broken ribs. As I finished the last rib he looked at me with a smile as another burst of energy destroyed the wall.
“Its good to see you again Angel, you look good” I smiled at the voice I remembered, it almost sounded like he was happy.
“It has been a while” I stated almost coldly but still smiled up at him like I used to. I began healing the other various wounds he had on his arms and legs, in-between the burst of energy that were getting stronger and brighter.
He hadn’t improved by midnight, he was getting stronger but that only made his injuries that much worse. He was exhausted, his eyes were raw and he could barely stand up. I was getting tired but i didn’t let that bother me. He looked at me again, his eyes full of pain as another burst of energy broke the wall. I held his hand and healed the burns that kept appearing on them. The energy was so strong and precise that it broke his fingers and burnt his palms. With my other hand I poured water onto his dry lips. He couldn’t eat, drink or sleep properly. It kept him up and disturbed him whenever possible. I was running out of options, I knew I needed another medics opinion but I couldn’t take him to a hospital. It would put both our lives and the lives of citizens in danger. However the luck of me finding one of the other medics from the sixth was zero to nothing. Never the less I needed help from someone and I knew just who. He would be a little easier to find then the others but still a challenge. I snapped out of thought when another blast came frightfully close to my face. His face had a worried and apologetic look on it, but I ignored that and went to heal his hands again. I needed to get away from here and back to the city. I didn’t know how he would take it being alone, or if he would even survive until I got back.
“Next time, concentrate it on the floor” He gave me a confused look but complied as a sudden jolt of energy blew from his open palms through the floor, revealing a corridor below. I fixed his fingers once again as he stared at the stone staircase that emerged from the floor below to the hole. I motioned for him to get up and pointed to the stairs, he shook his head at the thought of moving but when I pulled him up and put his arm around my shoulder he decided there was no point in arguing. He knew where we were going, we slowly navigated through the maze of corridors on the bottom floor of the structure making our way to a place i only knew too well. It was where I had spent my time whenever I wasn’t sleeping, training, eating or being scolded. The small red cross on a broken door only showed us that we really would never forget this place and the memories it held. I pushed the door open with my foot and looked around the room. It was trashed like most of the place; however it had the least damage due to the fact that only i and one patient had been in here at the time of the attack. There was a bed in the corner that I walked over to and sat him down on. He gave a worried look as his palms lit up again. He had held it in during our walk as to not do any more damage to the building. I gestured to the door and before I could blink the door was blown off its hinges and smashed into a wall 20 feet away. Another apologetic look covered his face which I waved off as a stone wall filled the hole where the door once hung. I began searching the room for various equipment as he struggled to sit up, while destroying the stone wall repeatedly. I found a small solar powered lamp that after his next burst of energy lit up the room enough for me to be able to see where I was. I could now fully asses the damage to the room; there was paper covering the floor, three broken beds, and a missing chair that seemed to be what the crumpled plastic in the corner was. There was various medical equipment scattered around the work top that had been thrown around as someone tried to find something and failed, which may have been the cause of the chairs crumpled state. I had burnt all of our medical records the minute I heard the sirens. The other medics and I knew everyone’s records anyway; they were really only for our convenience. I reached up to the highest cabinet and found the IV drips. Light was now lying on the bed breathing heavily, with his hands pointed towards the doorway. I walked towards the bed preparing the IV fluid for him. I latched it up on the hook and brought the needle to his arm.
“I’m going to go find someone who may be able to help you okay? I wont be long but just on the safe side I’m going to put you to sleep.” Panic flowed over his face as his eyes look at mine in distress. He gripped onto my wrist, it was hot, another burst was about to come. I had never seen him like this before and it pained me.
“I’m sorry” I’m not sure he heard the whisper of an apology I gave him as I placed my hand over his forehead. He slowly closed his eyes as the green glow sent him to sleep. A slight smile appeared as he finally rested. His breathing slowed as a slight snore drifted through parted dry lips. I place an old blanket over him and healed any wounds I had missed before finally kissing him on the forehead and leaving the room. It didn’t take long for me to find my way out, I took my make-shift stairs to his office and then back out into the grand hall. I tried not to look at it but memories were already coming back, ones that I had wished to forget and had put to the back of my mind for the last 5 years. I felt a slight wetness on my cheek as I remembered my last memory of this place. It pulled at me, trying to make me relive it, but I wouldn’t, I couldn’t. I remembered my comrade on the bed below me and thought of my mission. Walking through the reception once again I wiped the tear off my cheek and zipped up my jacket. The night air was cool on my face and a welcome change from the stale air that I had breathed for the last 6 hours. The sewers were my best bet so I made my way over to the man hole once again.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:42 pm

goddamn that was good.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 pm

I love when you describe things.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Karnie
General
Karnie

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:50 am

Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:27 am

I will get around to writing the next chapter its just i prefer writing on a laptop and the one i have is sooo shit its just funny XD

Also cookie to whoever can guess who i'm going off to findd

thanks for the lovely comments Smile
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Uh. Off to find... Dark? He was Mind/Emp... Right?

I'm more interested in who you're trying to fix.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:10 pm

It was Light.

AND SHES GOING TO FIND ME CAUSE MY SPINES WILL SAVE HIM
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Chapter two, not much happens in thsi but there will eb a fight scene next chapter

comments are loved Smile

Chapter Two
It took until morning to navigate through the sewers to Skyway city, I was exhausted and needed to find somewhere to eat soon. The sun was just coming up as i exited the sewers. Above me the skyway highway was busterling with the morning commute. I didn’t really know where to start so i went to the first coffee place i saw. It was a small place with only a few tables, I went and sat at the table by the window watching the lower streets that had little to no cars. Three other customers sat at the table next to mine and another lone person sitting on a stall by the counter. An old lady with silver hair came to my table, notebook in hand and pen behind her ear.
“What do you fancy dear?” She said to me with a quiet cough at the end. I looked up at her with a sweet smile on my face.
“Just some coffee and a bagel please” She smiled back at me and poured some coffee into the cup in front of me.
“The bagel will be a couple of minutes, did you want it toasted?” I nodded in reply while I poured some milk into the coffee. She trotted off into the back humming to herself. She seemed nice enough so i was hoping she would help me. I got a pen out of my pocket and started drawing on a napkin. She came back only a minute later with my bagel and some cubes of butter.
“here you go, is there anything else i can help with?” I could see she was looking at my drawing, when she asked. I sat up straight and looked up at her. I contemplated for a moment of what i should say before finally making eye contact with her.
“I haven’t been here in a while and was wondering where i could go to have a good time, i want to take a friend out on the town while i’m here” I started putting the butter on my bagel when she took the pen from behind her ear and drew a circle around the top right corner of the map i had drawn. I bit into the bagel and looked at the map.
“If you take the highway to the top of the city near the exit for Frontline you will find some good clubs there but watch out for trolls they like to hang around there, have a good time” Smiling she left and went to serve the couple that just walked in. I grabbed another coffee to go from the man at the counter who seemed to have just woken up and walked out of the door. It had gotten warmer since I left the sewers and the sun was lighting up the dark city. I hadn’t really needed to ask her for directions, however a lot changes in 5 years but clearly The Family had decided not to move their clubs and bars to a more populated area, it kept them more hidden from society and meant that heroes rarely went there to keep an eye on them. It was the perfect place for them and him to hide. I just hoped it wouldn’t be too hard to find him.
Slowly I navigated through the maze of streets below the highway sipping my coffee as I gradually got closer and closer to the top of the city. The atmosphere here was different to the one in Steel. This was the type of place in movies where gangsters used to trade drugs for weapons. It was a dark place. There weren’t very many tall buildings like Steel Canyon but there was many bars and run down apartment buildings. The first bar I came to was surprisingly open even though it was only 9 o’clock in the morning. I stepped in pushing aside the curtain that covered the doorway. It was a dark room with only a couple of windows that weren’t covered with thick curtains like the one that covered the door. There was already a rugged man sitting at the bar either drinking his sorrows away or drinking off a hangover from the night away. I didn’t care to ask as I sat down on the old bar stall next to him. The owner walked up to me cleaning a pint glass. He gave me a once over before finally putting the glass back on the shelf behind him and setting his dry and blistered hands on the bar in front of me. He let out a slight sigh.
“Welcome to my bar, what’ll you be having? Vodka and coke? You look like a vodka and coke girl.” A little smug came to his face as he finished and started getting out a small glass. I unzipped my jacket and placed it on the stall next to me before adjusting the thin white tank top that was just that little bit too big for me. I finally looked him in the eye getting out a note from my pocket and placing it on the bar.
“Vodka on the rocks, please, and make it a double” I crossed my right leg over the other probably showing a bit too much skin for my liking however men were always so easily persuaded when a bit of skin was on show. He reluctantly put ice into the glass and made my drink as I played with the napkin that he had placed in front of me.
“Don’t drink it all at once” He finally said while placing my drink in front of me. The man next to me gestured to the man for another before breathing deeply to himself. I sipped at my drink, slightly wishing I had gotten a vodka and coke instead. It was very quiet inside the pub as both myself and the man next to me sipped at our drinks. It was when I had finished sucking the vodka off of the ice cubes that I spoke up and broke the silence.
“So do you get many customers at this tiem of day?” The owner seemed startled by the sudden noise but quickly came over to where I was sitting and contemplated me before speaking up.
“Not really, just the regulars. We get a few more at night though, not many new people come to this part of town anyway. You’re a first.” I pretended to look flattered and surprised however I’m not quite sure it came out that way as I hiccupped half was through. I could usually hold my drink however I didn’t usually drink this early in the morning. I leant back in my stall making sure I didn’t fall off in the process thinking over what he said. As he began to walk away I slipped a picture out of my other pocket and placed it on the bar. Searching through the many faces that were there I picked out one and placed my finger slightly above it.
“Have you ever seen this man?” The owner turned around and looked at the picture, pointing at the same face I had had my finger over. I nodded as he looked carefully at the man in the picture’s features. I saw a slight glint in his eye as he quickly handed the picture back to me.
“What’s it to you?” The smug on his face showed that he was either messing with me or really did know him but was reluctant to tell me.
“He’s an old friend, I was hoping to stay with him for a bit while im in the area, catch up y’know?” I pointed at the short girl in the front of the picture with a huge smile on her face and bright blue eyes.
“See, this was a few years back” He chuckled when he saw the huge smile on the younger me’s face and then looked at me trying to see the similarities.
“you’ve changed a bit.” I nodded in reply as I placed the picture carefully back into my pocket. The man next to me had turned to face me with a smug on his face like he knew something I didn’t. The owner put a clean glass in front of me a filled it with two different foreign spirits that I didn’t recognise. He pushed it towards me with another chuckle, the rugged man’s expression became a bit clearer to me now and I realised I probably wasn’t the first to ask something of the owner of the bar.
“Drink up and I’ll tell you what I know” Another smug filled his face as he crossed his arms over his chest studying my face trying to figure out if I would really drink it.
Shrugging I picked up the glass with the thick black liquid inside breathed deeply, closed my eyes and lightly let the glass touch my lips before quickly throwing both the glass and my head back as the thick liquid ran down my throat burning it on its way. I clenched my jaw as I tried to swallow rather then throw it back up and praying that he did actually know something and wasn’t just trying to make me pass out. When I finally put the glass back down on the bar and took another deep breath I could feel the slight gasp that slipped from the owners lips, and was rewarded with a completely gob smacked face when I opened my eyes fully.
“He used to come here, but hasn’t in a couple of months, last I heard he was prowling the strip clubs every night.” The owner said it all very quickly as I stood up and placed my jacket over my shoulders. With my back to them I lightly pressed my hand over my head letting the green aura seep into my veins and flush out the remaining alcohol in my blood before once again breathing deeply and turning around. With a smile to match the one from the picture I thanked them and walked out of the pub. My smile faded when I knew they could not see me anymore, I wiped away the lone tear that escaped my right eye at the memory of the picture and the big smiling faces of my comrades. I set out for the strip clubs as the sun rose higher into the sky, leaving a large black streak of shadow from the highway above.
Back to top Go down
Nacho
Elite Guard
Nacho

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 pm

....Strip clubs? Hot damn, there are alot of Sixthies you could find there.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:13 am

<3
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Karnie
General
Karnie

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:01 am

awmg go on
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:05 am

Jesus, good shit. I'm ganna follow this lol
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 6:28 pm

I like the darkness you're spreading in the story. It gives the feel of depressing times. Which could mimic your real life emotions, but don't bother, it was really good.

I am too curious of exactly who you are looking for... but when you mentioned strip club.. I could only think of two male Sixth you have hung out with before.. who would be at a strip club..

Nacho or Peace.. >.>
Back to top Go down
Nacho
Elite Guard
Nacho

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Damnit if I'm not better for those clubs, though. Sometimes I like to pretend I can do better, and when I do I get some brief moments of happiness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:28 pm

Thank you killa, it is a depressing time in the story, i'm not depressed Smile

And
LOL
that is so true

we will see, i'll write the next one soon, i'd love to right it tonight but the weekend is the time i see sam so i probably wont get to write until sunday night Smile

thank you all for your kind comments i was a bit worried about this chapter (:
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:51 pm

So i give you Chap. 3

It didn’t take long to find “the strip” as it was known, at another time I would have found that amusing. In fact I remember laughing about it and earning some looks and head shakes the last time I was here. Ironic that I was looking for the same person, the other kaptain and myself had been sent to bring him back. We weren’t the happiest about this in the least but we took it as a training opportunity for the soldats under our control. They seemed quite ecstatic to be going on a proper mission, not that going from strip club to sleazy bars was really the most difficult mission. However being the only girl in our little group didn’t make it a very enjoyable experience for me. In the end it was our superior who we were bringing back that had to drag me out of said strip club before I ripped someone’s head off for grabbing my arse for the hundredth time that night. I had learnt a little more self control since then and knew that it would probably be better if I didn’t walk into the various clubs in shorts and knee high boots, but as I undid the zip on my flak jacket that I treasured so much I reminded myself that a little skin could go a long way when I needed information.
I paused just for a second before entering the first of many strip clubs I would visit tonight. It was a little different to the ones I had been to all those years ago but the fundamentals were the same, a bar, poles and lots of very pretty girls not wearing nearly enough clothes danced and waited on men twice their age for a little extra cash. I walked around a bit scoping the place out; it was a dark room with many corridors around the edge where I suppose if you had the money you could get anything you wanted. The only light was from the pink and red neon strip lights placed around the stages where two girls took turns spinning around the centre pole. An image of a good friend and myself messing around with a street lamp pole entered my mind. Women were rare at the column and we loved to flirt and tease the men. I quickly shock the image out of my head, I thought about Light and my mood lowered as I did the best I could with the light to study the faces of all the men in the room searching for a glimpse of the man I used to know. Nothing, they were all too old or too blond. I decided I had had enough of this place and walked out. The fresh air made me realise how stuffy and hot it had been in there. I slid the zip down fully and let the air cool my tired muscles. I was getting weak from lack of sleep and substance. There was a bar across the street that looked like it sold food, I was tempted to just take a look when I noticed the name of the strip club next door to it. I remembered it from somewhere but couldn’t place my finger on it.
Reluctantly I crossed the road and made my way into the club, La Capannina was even darker then the other place I had originally gone in. There was also music here, loud, pulsating music that the many girls on stage danced to. There were more pink lights on the walls there was also one of a girl in a martini glass behind the bar. I looked around nervously not really knowing where to look, as it was so dark, a bright moving light then caught my eye. One of the waitresses came over to me holding a sparkler, which I realised, was the source of the light. She was wearing a French maids outfit that was very short and didn’t leave much to the imagination. She watched me as I studied her. She didn’t seem to mind until I looked away and continued my search, she cleared her throat and finally spoke, and she had a strange accent that I didn’t quite recognise.
“Are you going to sit down and buy a drink or are you just going to stand there and waste my time?” I glanced back at her as she finished, she didn’t look particularly annoyed or angry, just anxious. I noticed behind her that a man in a black suit who didn’t seem to be here for the girls staring at us. Focusing on the girl again I could see the bags under her eyes, she had tried to cover it with make up but anyone who wasn’t looking at her chest or behind could see through that. I looked back to the bar thinking over my next move, I didn’t know if getting yet another alcoholic drink today would be a good idea but if I didn’t I might be kicked out, which was obviously what the man in the black suit was thinking when he came up behind the girl. She flinched slightly when the man put his hand on her shoulder.
“This isn’t a free club, buy a drink or get out. Please.” He quickly added at the end when he noticed the unimpressed look on my face. Rolling my eyes I headed towards to bar and ordered a vodka and coke seeing as the barman hadn’t labelled me as a lightweight like the barman from this morning. I swivelled round on the stall and watched the girls on stage. The music had softened while they slowly walked off the stage and away to little rooms with men who didn’t look as old and hairy as the ones from the previous club. When they had finally all gotten off the stage the lights dimmed and two bright spotlights pointed centre stage. The music had changed to a kind of drum roll as the men in the club moved to get a better seat, I could vaguely see a tall figure moving from the corner of the club to a seat that sat right next to the stage that looked straight down the middle of the stage to the catwalk where I presumed the women emerged from.
The drum roll finally ended as a sleek young women walked down the catwalk to the small circular stage in front of the man that had moved before. The minute she grabbed onto the poll and swung round it the pulsating music began again. I watched in awe as she spun so effortlessly around the poll, shooting seductive glances at the men below her. Slowly she began unbuttoning the thin white shirt that hung tightly around her ample breasts and didn’t do much to cover the fact that she was wearing a very lacy black bra. It was when the last button came undone that I decided to look away and began looking at the faces of the men whose eyes were fixated on the lack of clothing of the women centre stage. The men here were a lot younger, with none of them looking more then 35 years old. I quickly ruled out anyone who was even mildly blonde; remember a certain conversation with a man who said that if he ever went blonde he was either gay or dead. Which I severely hoped he wasn’t. There was then the scrawny and the short men. Anyone who was shorter then 5ft8 or who weighed less then myself was defiantly not the guy I was looking for. That left about five men.
“Well at least that makes it a little easier” I muttered into my drink as a thong came dangerously close to my head.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Nother chapter for you. Diff P.O.V this time, see if you can guess Smile
Small chapter, but i fin it easier to do lots of small ones rather then one huge one every now and then

Chap.4

I knew who it was the moment her hand touched my shoulder, the lightest of touches that held way too much love and care in it then any of the touches I got when I entered these clubs. I let a soft smirk enter my features as I silently ignored her and kept my eyes on the long long legs of the women above me swinging with such elegance around the tall silver pole. I had seen enough girls like this that I knew who an expert was when I saw one. It had been exactly 74 seconds before I heard her breath. She never could hold her breath for long.
“Heretic always said that you or Angel would end up here one way or another” The hand on my shoulder tensed a little at my voice. It slowly slid down my arm to the firm muscle above my elbow, when I felt the cooling touch of her empathy seep into my wound that I had gotten last week I realised my mistake. With a quickness that surprised myself I leaped up from the place I sat reaching my long arm that was currently being healed towards her neck.
“YOU!!” My voice ran through the club loud and stern. I pushed her against the wall with a force that rivalled my old friend, my hand griped tightly around her neck keeping her pressed against the wall. I watched her eyes open wide in fear and her small hands reach up to my arm to try and give her space to breath. I moved my body closer to hers, my statue towering over her own petite figure. I listened to her small pants as I drew my lips closer to her ear.
“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you this second” Her eyes looked back up at me in shock and realisation that she really shouldn’t be here. Her lips parted slightly as she closed her eyes to regain her thoughts. As I waited I studied her, she hadn’t changed much, she was still as short as she always had been, she had grown curvier over the years but was still slim. Her face had matured a bit but her eyes still made her look like the 16-year-old girl I used to know. She had dark rims under her eyes that showed her lack of sleep more so then her feeble attempt to stop me from strangling her. If I had done this five years ago she would of kicked me in the nuts before I could say I was joking. The big blue eyes of hers opened again and looked up at me in a stern glare. I felt her swallow under my grip as she opened her lips once more letting a small whisper leave them.
“I need your help...” My grip tightened at her statement, she had no right to ask myself or any of us for anything. But it seemed I didn’t need to say that as her eyes looked at me knowingly. Her hands came back to my own around her neck weakly trying to remove each finger at a time. I allowed her to move one, which she then held with her whole hand, much like a baby did when it met its parents for the first time. She cleared her throat once more.
“Not me…Light, he needs help. Can’t control Kheldian.” I let go of her neck as she finished, letting her fall to the floor in a weak heap. It was only then that I finally took in my surroundings. The club had come to a stand still; all customers and girls watched me as I walked back over the chair 10 feet away to collect my coat. I left a large bill on the table and gave a nod to the girl by the pole and the man at the bar before walking back over to the shell of a girl I used to know breathing heavily on the floor.
“Get up.” I ordered her as I the arm covered by a flak jacket identical to one that I had previously worn, dragging her out of the club silently.

-

Also you will find out why he is so mad at me later (:
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:46 am

WILL READ SOON(tm)
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:15 am

please do D:
i pulled a sicky today so will probably write more of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:41 pm

DO IT cause I'm caught up.

DO IT!!!
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Alright alright, i will but i gotta work out for 30mins before Razz
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:05 am

Chap. 5
back to me (:
not actually sure who is reading this but im writing it anyway

-

The walk back to his apartment was quiet; the only sound that came from the two of us was the varied grunts he gave to me to hurry up. I followed behind willingly, trying to find the perfect distance to put between us. I was still in shock from our first meeting at the club and could feel my hands shaking at my sides. I had known on some level that he wouldn’t be entirely happy to see me, but I didn’t know he hated me so much that he was willing to kill me for my mistakes. He hadn’t changed too much; he was still just as tall, easily towering over me as he held me against the wall. His hair was the same, short but not too short, but a little messy and still regimental black, the same as mine. I remembered back to the battle I had with myself on whether to change my hair back to its true colour, I couldn’t imagine myself like that now though. It would have also meant that I would be easier to find, I looked just like my mother, people would recognise me in the street effortlessly, and that was defiantly something I didn’t want or need. I really didn’t want to think about how the man in front of me would have reacted if I had turned up at that club as the girl I had hidden from them all.
Another grunt told me I wasn’t walking fast enough; quickening my pace to keep up with him I studied him again. His clothes were bland, jeans and a t-shirt. I could faintly see the wound on his arm in the darkness, it looked better then it had, in the split second I had to heal it hadn’t been enough to fully heal it, but at least it wouldn’t be infected now. I let my hand rise up to my neck; dimly remembering what his hand had felt like there, even with the rage that had fuelled the action I still treasured that touch. I bumped into him then, not realising that he had stopped. I jumped back quickly, looking around to avoid looking into the eyes that were full of annoyance and hatred. We were in a very dark area, covered by the skyway highway, there were several run down apartment buildings. He fumbled around for a key in his pocket before giving up and just hitting the front door. It swung open with ease, giving way to a dingy staircase. He started walking up them, getting close to the top of the first turn in the flight of stairs, before he turned around realising I wasn’t following.
“Hurry up will you, I’m not gonna fucking kill you alright?” He rolled his eyes at me as I stared up at him with wide eyes, before starting to walk back up the stairs. I closed the front door behind me before muttering something I really shouldn’t of.
“Uh…yes sir” He stopped on the 5th stair, gripping onto the rail; I could hear it splintering slightly under his tight grip.
“I, I’m sorry, automatic reaction…sorry” I mumbled again playing with the rim of my vest where a thin thread had come loose. I saw out of the corner of my eye that he let go of the rail and had begun walking again. I followed again as he walked away from the stairs when we reached the landing to a door at the end of the corridor. Number 12. He found his key this time and shoved it in the lock so hard I wondered if he had broken it. Not too soon after he managed to get the door open with the key still intact. I followed him into his apartment, it was small, very small and seemed to consist of only two rooms. The room we entered seemed to be five rooms all rolled into one, there was a bed in the far corner near a window, that was the bedroom, at the end of the bed there was a desk, the study, which apparently doubled up as the dinning room as there was an old plate on it, on my left was a small two-seater couch facing a T.V against the wall, the lounge, finally on my right was the kitchenette, which was quite pathetic really as all it was was a fridge, a cooker and a loan counter with a toaster and kettle on it and a cupboard above. There was a small door near the bed which could only assume was the bathroom. I closed the door behind me leaning against it as the man in front of me went straight for the cupboard grabbing a bottle of what could only be a very potent alcohol and one very old stained glass. He placed them on the counter filling the glass before glancing back at me. He picked up the glass and pointed it towards myself.
“Thirsty?” Was all he had to say as I reached my hand out for the loan glass as he drank straight from the bottle squinting his eyes a little as the liquid burned his throat. It was after he had swallowed a large mouthful that he began laughing. The glass that had been close to my lips paused at the sudden outburst. I looked curiously at him as he made his way over to the bed where he plumped down onto his back staring up at the ceiling. I gingerly sat on the desk chair sipping at my unknown drink still staring at him and this outburst of laughter after he had been so cold around me for the last twenty minuets.
“Heh, figures, how many laps did Dark make you do during BT for forgetting to call him Sir? How many times did you end up at my office with that giant smile on your face ‘cause once again Light or Twig had thrown you out of the meeting or training session because you forgot to Salute or address them as Sir, eh Angel?” He continued to laugh as he took several more swigs of the still unknown substance in his hand.
“And now you go ahead and call me sir…god you are a piece of work aren’t you” He looked over at me with hazy eyes studying me, waiting for an answer. I downed my drink before finally answering him.
“Thanks for the compliment Sir, but Light needs…” I was cut off by the eruption of laughter once again; apparently me calling him sir was exceedingly funny. He suddenly went very serious sitting up right and pointing a finger at me, or at least in my general direction as he seemed to be swaying a lot at this point.
“First off, don’t call me that, you have no fucking right to call me that now. You had your chance. And secondly, you look like shit.” He threw a t-shirt at me from under his pillow.
“Get some sleep, I’m gonna have a shower. We can help light in the morning, a medic isn’t any help if they have no energy.” He stood up and walked to the door, pausing at the handle, I saw his lips part as if he was going to say something but then promptly pushed the thought away as he opened the door to the bathroom.
“Thank you, Peace…” I muttered quietly, getting only a nod of the head before the door slammed.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:31 pm

I almost got confused there from the other part Razz

Now it makes sense. But I knew it was Peace! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:24 pm

Of course its me

Only i'm awesome enough to choke out a girl at a strip club and still get her to follow me home =D
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:28 pm

ahaha, i never thought about it like that XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again   Back Again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next