The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What brought YOU in?

Go down 
+10
Peace
Shinteki
Nacho
NightHawk
Seyasmir
Twig
Killa
Nacht Kanzler
Nacht Rabe
Leiter
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

What brought YOU in? Empty
PostSubject: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:23 pm

We've been talking a lot about recruiting and such, and it made me wonder. All of you who are in this group, what brought you in? Was it seeing a bunch of uniformed people in some formation under Atlas? Did you team with a member? Did you stumble onto our website?
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Nacht Rabe
Soldat
Nacht Rabe

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:38 pm

I don't recall exactly what it was that made me think of joining the Column, though I suspect it was an overheard recruitment drive in Atlas.

Or possibly a post in the CoH forums.

I'd definitely seen pictures of uniformed groups of Sixth and was impressed with the idea of a supergroup that had a mandatory uniform and more to the point, stuck with it.

What I do know is, I'd wanted to make an ar/dev blaster for a while but was having difficulty coming up with either a name, a costume or a concept.

It all started with the Sixth.

And it grew from there.

Involving a fortuitous meeting with Twigdeath in Galaxy City, right in front of the Freedom Corps HQ.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:11 pm

When I first came to the game I was on the Liberty server and teaming with some of the Sixth from way back then left a real impression on me.

I moved to Virtue during the first Winter Lord event and shortly after that rolled up "Nacht Kanzler: Mark I", started as a Dark....something scrapper, and a man. Think I re-rolled him into a fire tank unsuccessfully as well and eventually swapped sides and sexes and Nacht Kanzler became a Stalker. A failure redside I broguht her back to blue as a blaster and as you see her now, "Nacht Kanzler: Mark V" as it were, a dual blades/invul scrapper.

In amongst that time switching between sides and sets and genders and concepts, I went to the old site a lot to make sure I was keeping the costume up, but never ran into anyone until a Halloween event a couple years ago. I think she was redside at that point and that motivated me to move her back to blue and seek out Leiter.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 pm

I remember what got me.

Omni and I were into making themed Heroes and this one was a Power Rangers theme. I had seen The 6th Column in Atlas for a few weeks and roughly a Nacht Valkyrie was there always running into a large crowd where she would get a rough grief from players. Omni was Neo Red Ranger and I was Neo Blue Ranger and we were griefing her too. Not so much myself, but Omni definitely was a trouble maker back in those days.

So one day I had seen a massive recruiting drive in Atlas and decided to grief a little, and created a Nacht Killa. But the name was meant as a really old old man with grey hair and robotic arms to fight against the "nazi". And I walked around them with my gun out.

I received a tell saying "They won't recruit you, you have to get the costume right."

Here I am laughing at this guy, because he didn't get it.. and then I was curious. What if I joined up to see how things were.

So I re-rolled Killa and here we are today.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:03 pm

What Killa's story reminds me of:

"What the hell is wrong with you people? You all belong in the loony bin. Every one of you. Forget you guys. I don't need you. You think you're so happy and so goddamn great...because you work in a freaking record store. You think you're so superior. Joe, Lucas steals 9 thousand dollars from you, and you don't do dick to him? So you going to give me a job now?"

"So that's it, Warren? You want to work in a record store?"

"No."

"I think you're lying, Warren."

"He's not going to give me a job, man."

"How do you know?"

"Why should he? Why should anyone give me a job?"

"He gave me a job."

"So do I get the job or what?"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Damn the man, save the Empire! God, I haven't seen that movie in ages.

For me, my brother brought me in. He ran the Guardian incarnation of the 6th Column, and I was at that age where anything an older sibling did was cool beyond belief, so I joined up. He and I were sharing an account with my oldest brother at the time, so between the three of us it was hard for me to get any appreciable amount of time in, but I loved it anyway.

When the time came and that group filled up, I volunteered to spearhead the 'invasion' of the Liberty server, and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Well, I joined like everyone else, the curiosity. But what kept me around was Geist really..
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm

I really don't even know. I had only been playing the game for a few weeks before I caught the shindig going on in Liberty..
Jeez I don't even remember why I was on Liberty considering my first server was Guardian.

Yeah I don't remember lol.
Back to top Go down
Seyasmir
Kapitan

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:26 pm

I joined because I liked the idea of an orderly military organisation. Not because the military gives me a hardon.. quite the opposite in fact, but there's a lot of room for story in there.

I also like the idea of having a pool of people to play the game with, and roleplay with.

I'd not have joined were it not for the RP conditions.
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 pm

well i joined cuz it was mky first month playing and i had never gotten a toon past 20, wasent driven to finish a toon and i saw.. oh who was it.. Twig, falcon, peace aand someone else recruiting and i had to remake my toon about 10 times cuz i couldent get the uniform or name right -_-' and when i joined with Nacht Blaze i was more driven to lvl up, i found a place where i could actualy do something i was proud of in the game and got my first and currently only 50 in the game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Seyasmir wrote:
I'd not have joined were it not for the RP conditions.

You have no idea how much this statement fills me with joy.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Rabe
Soldat
Nacht Rabe

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 am

Oh yeah, the rp.
Definite necessity.

Only reason I didn't mention it before was because any SG I joined would have an rp aspect in the same way that any place I lived would have oxygen.

It's such a natural assumption for me that I never thought of it.
Back to top Go down
Nacho
Elite Guard
Nacho

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:21 am

The taco salad.
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:53 am

Helper... 'nuff said...
Actually I think I ran into Peace once on his tank, Allen.... weird memories
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Helper wasn't in the sixth back when you joined shinny lol, he joined up because of Star during one of the combacks....
as for me...

I came to liberty because of my rl friends from my old Lan center, and I was simply a bad character creater back then, so having someone tell me what to make was a lot easier lol....i mean shins right, my first 50 was my frucking fire/fire tank named Allen, which is my name lol.

o interesting little side note though, i did quit for a couple months and rejoin after my first nacht, Nacht Touched, with Nacht Peace....and the original plan for Nacht Peace was to rise through the ranks and convert The Sixth into a HCC(Hardcore Control Center, my old sg that used to basically have everyone from Liberty in the damn group XD) sg lol....

Yes, I was a spy, but a bad spy lol
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Fail. XD
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 am

Nuh uhhh Peace....
Helper definitely brought me in. I mean he left quickly after. But he was there o.O
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:24 am

peace, ya gatta be a ninja spy y'now become friends with 1 leader and then get all the people ur rank to respect you and you rise up in the rank that way ( blaze is a super spy ppl so ill do a backflip if ya want) ::trys to do a flip and falls on his head:: scratch
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 am

.... Peace?

He was a soldat many years ago and his friend was TwigDeath.. an Elite Guard... >.>
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:27 am

DUNDUNDUN!!!
I gotta say... Twiggy was the best Elite Guard Partner in Crime I've ever had...
Not tryin to suck up or anything....
Back to top Go down
Nacht Boris
Soldat
Nacht Boris

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:48 pm

i think the reason i joined was, that i was lookin for somthin new to try in the game and you guys really seemed well put together. i think it was twig who recruited me
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Random dead thread revival! Huzzah.

Anyway, the last day before I had to remove my computer from my house for renovations, three or four years ago, I was running through Atlas Park on my character Psychic Ravager. I noticed a group of shady folk clad in black with German names (the only one I distinctly recall is "Nacht Uberwolfen") and, with Falcon leaning over my shoulder, we thought, "Dude, Nazis!" And from that day we intended to join the Column as soon as our computer was operable once more. Falcon joined first, and during the character creation process, he asked me, "What's something German-y?" to which I replied, "Well, they typically have little falcons holding swastikas on their daggers and such." And thus, Nacht Falcon was born, and our CoH experience would never be the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/domeslap
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Hmmm. It was a long time ago now, or feels it anyway.
I always remember seeing you nacht lot as i called you around, and i ALWAYS asked why you wore the same stuff and why you had nacht and what it meant. But they never told me, meany-poo's

and then one day i was in atlas with my main Little Spark Smile and saw twig, he asked if i wanted to join and i jumped at the chance =D cause i wanted to know what the fuck was going on.

Then i made some friends, had a good time and now you lot are like family =D

so yeah pure curiosity got me in, friendship and goooood times made me stay (:
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 pm

When I was recruited, it was by Dark. And then he made me Kaptain and left. Also, I don't recall Opus's name-origin story. I had contacted the Column before I made my character, so I knew there was a no-nazi rule.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Nacht Falcon wrote:
When I was recruited, it was by Dark. And then he made me Kaptain and left. Also, I don't recall Opus's name-origin story. I had contacted the Column before I made my character, so I knew there was a no-nazi rule.
I know all that, I forgot the fact that you had met Dark when we came back and we were like, "Oh man, it's one of those 6th Column guys" and he turned out to be the Komtur.
The first day I had seen them I talked to them and they explained the no-Nazi rule, as far as your name, you thought Falcon seemed innocent enough, which it did. I beg you to correct me if my memory fails to serve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/domeslap
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What brought YOU in?   What brought YOU in? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What brought YOU in?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sixth Column :: City of Heroes :: General Activity :: General Discussion-
Jump to: