The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recruiting

Go down 
+6
Nacht Kanzler
Seyasmir
Leiter
Omnibeing
Karnie
Twig
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Twig
Admin
Twig

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:37 pm

So recruiting is a pretty essential part of keeping this group alive, clearly, it's how we all joined in the first place.

That being said, I want to have a couple of set nights in which we recruit for 0:30-1:00. These aren't quite mandatory, but you should make an attempt to reach at least one of these days in the week.

Monday- Recruiting Sessions, starts anywhere from 7-10 pm Est.
Thursday- Can be held either before or after Task Force night.
Saturday- Recruiting Session, starts anywhere from 7-12 Est.

Does anyone think 3 planned sessions a week is too heavy, or too light?

Keep it mind this doesn't prevent any of you offiziers from holding recruiting sessions at any time you want, you're more than welcome to do that.

I think it would be in our best interest to make sure we get some publicity a couple times a week, and recruiting is the simplest, and one of the most effective ways to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:56 pm

I think 3 is good. We can always add more if we don't get many people on certain day. And there's always spontanious recruiting sessions. Saturday's might be difficult, since lots of people are out during that time. Maybe sunday? I dunno. ><
Back to top Go down
Omnibeing
Elite Guard
Omnibeing

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:16 am

Here is the sheer point to the 6th. One person standing there spamming Atlas perveys nothing. 7 people standing there in formation, shows the sg is active. Players run by and go. man i wanna be part of that. I think set days are fine. i think tuesday and thursday would be best. leave task force night to somethign along the line of weekends. Because TF's tend to take 2to8 hours.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 am

Thursday is the current set TF night. How about Mondays and Wednesdays?
Back to top Go down
Omnibeing
Elite Guard
Omnibeing

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Like I said. I think a weekday night for TF night is a bad idea. Too much goes on during the week. Most people want to just unwind after work, school, etc. And tf's can go for a stupid long time. I think a weekend date would be more preferable.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Doesn't hurt to try. We'll see how this one goes and what the turnout is like, and if we need to change things, we will.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Seyasmir
Kapitan

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 am

I agree that numbers attracts numbers. Have a group of recruiters with some designated spokespersons, and you should see results. Smile

Unfortunately due to timezone differences I don't think I can help with group recruitment sessions unless it's the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 pm

I think one of our recruiting times should be on a weekend; we always have lots of people about, from all sorts of time zones, and there are more other people around to see us.

How about Wednesday and Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:14 pm

I definitely think the Thursday one should be pre-task force. Can take recruits on the TF to see how they operate as well.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:40 pm

recruits range from 1-20 >.> it is a little rough on them.. since they can't join anything >.>
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Ah, I didn't know there was a level cap to recruits. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:50 pm

There is a level restriction for TFs >.>
Back to top Go down
Nacht Kanzler
Kapitan
Nacht Kanzler

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:28 pm

For anyone under level 10, yes.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:53 pm

I think Killa's point was that since most people make a new character to join us, they're usually pretty low level, so most Task Forces would be out of their level range, especially if they joined the day of the task force.

Not to say that we couldn't run some Positrons or Synapses from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Just saying, *you* could run some Positrons. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nacht Rabe
Soldat
Nacht Rabe

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:13 am

Heck, if I'm ever online with a bunch of new guys I'd be more than happy to run a Positron or Synapse so long as I've got enough time.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:25 am

Alright then, here it is.

Monday and Wednesday between the hours of 6p.m.- midnight, there must have taken place at least 1 recruiting session, lead by any Offizier, held with as many people as possible. Soldats are advised to be at these recruiting sessions, and Offiziers are expected to. If something comes up, don't worry about it too much, these aren't mandatory just.. essential.

And remember Offiziers, regardless of the day of the week, there is never a *wrong* time to recruit.

Now... How do we go about making recruiting way more bad ass? Different methods? Costume contests are good, but really not that.. exciting O_o
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:23 pm

For a while, I would start just spouting off some IC speech when we were all standing there, something like:

"Heroes of Paragon! We of the Sixth Column stand before you today to demonstrate our passion for protecting this city, and to invite you to join us in our quest for justice.

Many among you may question our goals, made suspicious by our costumes and our names.

Rest assured, we are heroes, in name and in deed.

Our organisation was begun by my father, who was, to his eternal shame, a member of the 5th Column.

He was inducted into the 5th Column at a young age, taken in off the streets when he knew nothing else.

But as he grew, and as he learned more about the evil organisation that he was a part of, he grew rebellious.

He left the 5th Column one night, stole out of the base he had served in for many years, and many of his soldiers followed him.

He left behind everything he now knew was false, everything that the 5th Column had tried to teach him, and founded our organisation.

He founded the Sixth Column as a group dedicated to eradicating the blight of the 5th Column from our city, and the world.

Though he is dead now, killed by the 5th Column as he worked to destroy them, we of the Sixth Column still keep my father's dream alive.

My name is Kate Leiter. I followed in my father's footsteps, and I now serve the Sixth Column, and I continue my father's work, and work to avenge his death.

The Sixth Column is recruiting. Will you join us?"

Or something like that. It certainly served to get people interested in hearing what we had to say, and prompted some IC heckling and questions, which in turn got us talked about more and more. I think tactics like this, this IC speeching, will make our recruiting a lot more interesting that just spamming a Broadcast message... though obviously the above example is pretty tailored to fit my character, other people could either tell their own story of joining the Column, or adapt the above story to take out the 'my father' bits and just tell the story of the founding, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:10 pm

I like that Razz
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:51 am

Kind of like what we used to do. Very Happy Well, sometimes. xD
Back to top Go down
NightHawk
Kapitan
NightHawk

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 pm

i love recruiting Surprised
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:03 am

If one of our many fine offiziers can make sure a recruiting session is held tonight, that would be great. Thannkksss.. (Lumbergh)
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 am

When i recruited i did one thing, and this one thing made my recruiting drives successful almost all the time.

Make sure everyone within reach of my words, knows that i am way more badass than they could possibly be, and the only way they could ever even compare to me is by joining my supergroup.

Effective, it was
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 am

AND NOW WE ALL KNOW THE SECRET THANKS PEACE
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:22 pm

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recruiting
Page 1 of 1