The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Customised Quickchat Menus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Customised Quickchat Menus Empty
PostSubject: Customised Quickchat Menus   Customised Quickchat Menus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 am

Customised Quickchat Menus Quickchat

The above is a screenshot of my Quickchat menu, the menu that comes up when you click the speech-bubble-button on the bottom right corner of the chat window, that houses emotes and whatnot.

As you may notice, my Quickchat menu is slightly different from the default. I have menus for all the Booster sets, a menu just for stances, and even a menu for Sixth Column emotes. I also have, though obviously not pictured, all the possible emotes in this menu, including /e drumdance, /e floatbooks, etc.

This is possible through a very detailed and awesome guide located at the City of Heroes forums. (link)

If you're interested in customising your Quickchat menu, definitely check it out.

If you're not really great at coding, however, or you're just too lazy to attempt it, I'd be happy to share my quickchat.mnu file. If you're interested, just let me know.

(Note that you may have to create the correct path [C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\data\texts\English\Menus\quickchat.mnu if you installed CoH default] yourself; it's pretty simple though, just go into C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\data and make a folder called texts, then go into that folder and make a folder called English, then in that one a folder called Menus, where you will place the quickchat.mnu file.)
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Customised Quickchat Menus   Customised Quickchat Menus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Awesome, although i just type whatever i dont have bound lol. It would take me longer to use the quick chat thing than to just type out /e sit =P

Although its really damn cool that you can do something like that, customizability is always a good thing
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Customised Quickchat Menus   Customised Quickchat Menus I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 am

In regards to my last post here.
...Customizablitity....

I'm done with drugs
Back to top Go down
Shinteki
Elite Guard
Shinteki

PostSubject: Re: Customised Quickchat Menus   Customised Quickchat Menus I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:29 pm

>.< i forgot how to bind.
How do you do that again?
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Customised Quickchat Menus   Customised Quickchat Menus I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am

/bind (key) "(action)"

Quotes not required for one-word actions. Also, double dollar signs ($$) can be used to string actions together.

For example,

/bind f follow

or

/bind p "e militarysalute$$local Sir!"
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Customised Quickchat Menus   Customised Quickchat Menus I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:49 am

Nerds!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customised Quickchat Menus   Customised Quickchat Menus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Customised Quickchat Menus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sixth Column :: City of Heroes :: Resources :: Guides-
Jump to: