The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not really leaving, but...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Opus
Soldat
Opus

Not really leaving, but... Empty
PostSubject: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Me and Falcon finally got XBox LIVE back so we've experienced a dramatic decrease in enthusiasm for both CoH and Brawl, because, well, that was all we could do at the time. Things get old. Anyway, anyone interested in playing GoW2 or Halo with us can find our gamertags in the sticky Leiter slapped somewhere around here. (We're only borrowing Halo.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/domeslap
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Ew. I don't play GoW2. I'd be happy to play Halo 3 but when you have to give it back i'm not sure how i'll be able to play with yall. Have fun on XBLive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Get CoD4/5. Two great games for online play.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Two problems with that, Karnie.

1. Me and Falcon both hate CoD
2. Me and Falcon have no money
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:00 am

Sad Okay. Then get L4D. yey
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:17 am

Falcon and I....

Killa Out.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:33 pm

To hell with your grammars, and Karnie, read bullet 2 again. Very carefully.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I will bite you!
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:09 pm

But Killa just got brawl! You need to play with us a little Opar/Falco. It'll make him sads. Sad
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Me, Killa and Karnie will enjoy our Brawl. It was fun guys.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Have fun on XBLive where Halo 3 will get boring in 2 weeks. xD ;D
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:17 pm

I've played Halo before. This is pretty much how it went for me.

First time playing - "Oh em jee, this game are incredibles!"
Gears 2 released - "This game sucks, let's go play Halo"
I learn how to really play Gears - "Wow, Halo is gay"
Now - "They're both good games, but I'm only borrowing Halo, so let's do what we can with it"

and that about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:36 pm

I do still enjoy a good brawl. The only problem is, I have not played Xbox in a good many months, and I have played a helluva lot of Brawl constantly. Not to mention, I find these faults in Brawl:

1. I can't talk to people I'm friends with. What the hell.

2. I WANT BLOOOOD. Brawl's great, but it's a "family game", and every now and then I just gotta kill a sunnagun.

3.The multiplayer isn't so great with more than two people. Kinda kills the point. Versus, say, Gears, where a man-to-man fight is what's borked.

And let's be fair, it wouldn't hurt any of you to pick up an online game me and Opar like. Gears 2 is great, I don't care what you say Karnie.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:58 pm

It's not like we said "pick up Brawl" and you said "nawww.."
You guys liked it to, I don't understand the request you just made lol.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:32 am

I don't like Gears of War 2. As I said before. I'd be happy to play Halo 3 or CoD 4/5 with you on XBL. However, neither of you like those games. We played brawl together because you guys liked it as well. I'm not sure if you like it anymore, but there's no liable reason to say we should play a game like GoW2 because you played Brawl with us.

And according to both you and Opus the only game you really like at the moment is GoW2. None of us actually play that. So.. >.>
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:56 am

Excuse me?

Look, Brawl is a great game, Halo appeals to a different crowd but I still like it, and Gears just happens to be my favorite game. I still think CoD is gay, but not everything in life is fair.

I never at any point said "Gears is the only game I like", so you can get over that. And I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but a lot of the things you said you dislike in Gears are things I used to think were a problem in it. I only suggest that if you visit a friend who has it or something, give it a try. A lot of my friends complained about the same stuff as you and now we're a regular group.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:24 am

Goddamn. I don't think anything Karnie said was meant to be foul or malicious so.. let's cool off here.
Back to top Go down
Opus
Soldat
Opus

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:46 pm

I wasn't trying to be condescending, but I've explained this to him several times over. Sorry if it came off the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:57 pm

I have the game. I've tried it multiple times. I can't get into it. And nothing I said was meant to be 'against you'. And I meant the only XBL game that you guys play is GoW2, apparently. If there's more games then I havn't heard of the ones that you play, and i was never told of these other games that you like.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:02 am

Uh, Karnie. Not to be "that guy", but we -did- say that we play Halo. It just so happens, the only online game we -own- is Gears. I still like Halo. And personally, I don't mind CoD that much. It's just that most of the time, you plant some claymores/bouncing bettys on a stairway that's the only path to whatever room you're in, and you snipe the crap out of people. And if someone manages to get through both claymores and kill you, you finish him with last stand anyways. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but for the most part, that's how you win. And like I said, call me or text me if you wanna Brawl. I'll letcha know if I'm free. But I have other games I like to play too. You can't fault me for jumping on Gears instead of Brawl if you never say you wanna play. Which is why I wish the Wii had a messaging/chat system.
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:58 pm

See this is where you guys are putting shit into my mouth. i'm not getting angry or saying "OH YOU GUYS SUCK YOUR NOT PLAYING BRAWL". I understand that different people like different games. I was just responding to Opus saying that I should play GoW2. I frankly don't like it, and I wasn't aware of any other games that you guys had/liked other than GoW2. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Okay ladies, let's cool the shit off.
Falcon I'll definitely text whenever I want to Brawl witcha, as to Opus. Karnie, we'll just keep playing Brawl, clearly you aren't a fan of Gears of Halo, and not enough support goes behind CoD. Personally, my Xbox Live isn't connected. So.

Guh
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:27 pm

I wasn't trying to be hostile Karnie, I was just clearing up some facts. I don't appreciate my being lumped with my brother and his opinions without my own input. Not saying you guys necessarily are... Although, Opus tends to do so. But, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:07 pm

Nacht Falcon wrote:
But, whatever.
\

Thanks Falcon. Everyone else stfu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not really leaving, but...   Not really leaving, but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not really leaving, but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sixth Column :: City of Heroes :: Official Category :: Request Leave-
Jump to: