The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll : Alt Supergroup Name

Go down 
+2
Twig
Leiter
6 posters

Choices:
Sixth Heroes
Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_lcap7%Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Sixth Core
Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_lcap43%Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Sixth Legion
Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_lcap29%Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Sixthmen
Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_lcap7%Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Sixth Avengers
Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_lcap14%Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

Poll : Alt Supergroup Name Empty
PostSubject: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

Please choose the TOP TWO names that you think fit best for the new, coalitioned SG to be used for alts and recruiting.

When we have narrowed it down to two, we will hold a second poll to choose ONE.

Please select TWO and only TWO names.

This poll will close on March 26, in four days. Get your vote in!

Last edited by Leiter on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:55 am

Though it is not necessary to divulge your vote, I'm going to.

I voted for Sixth Core and Sixth Legion. I think both sound sufficiently badass and interesting. If I had to choose only one, I would probably vote for Sixth Core.

I did not vote for Sixth Heroes or Sixth Avengers, because I find both too cliche and trite, and I did not vote for Sixthmen (as cool as it sounds) because it immediately evokes, for me, a Watchmen feeling, and I don't think that's the first impression we want.
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:08 am

I voted Sixth Core for similar reason but I voted Sixthmen because it doesn't invoke Watchmen for me, it invokes any compiled group of badass superheroes. I think it sounds really damn cool.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:36 am

Sixth Legion and Sixth Avengers, though personally, I would not want to see Avengers get up there. Core makes me think of apples, and besides, isn't the Sixth Column the core of the Column? I don't get it. Legion is just a badass word.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:14 am

I voted for Sixth Core and Sixth Legion.

Core can be essentially defined in many ways. Though you may think of apples, it means the center most part of anything, I like to think of it as the Soldats are the foundation of the Sixth Column which are the 'Core' or 'heart'.

And the way I liked it most because of it reminding me of Hard Core

hard core

n.

The most dedicated, unfailingly loyal faction of a group or organization:

And Legion, well who wouldn't like that one? Razz Legion is a powerful word to use for 'many' armed soldiers.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Killa, I understand core meaning "the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything", as I stated the true Columnists would be the core of the Sixth Column. Hence, I do not find the name fitting.
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:33 pm

but you didn't notice the "Hard Core" meaning??
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:15 pm

I definitely thought Sixth Core was a pun on hardcore, at which case the name needs to be Sixthcore (don't give it crap about making sense cause Sixth Core already doesn't and this looks cooler), but then I got to thinking its what Killa said. That isn't want we want this group to suggest, so if you have to name it core, at least do Sixthcore so I can make cady hardcore references and make people uncomfortable Very Happy

I voted for Sixth Heroes and Sixth Legion for this reason: When I come up with a project, I imagine a circle in my head. Everything relates and go back reinforcing the other thing. It should all tie together, we need a name that reinforces what this supergroup opens up. That's why I always called it the merc. group. Not necessarily the coolest group name, but it had a militaristic ring to it, and it made sense.

I voted for Heroes, because it does the same thing, just without the militaristic aspect. I really really really really really really really really really really really really really want you all to rethink about it this way, but if you still decide to name it something else, I'll just have to live with contempt in my heart that the group didn't make a complete circle...it's a jaged rocklike shape, which maybe, is what it should be.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:48 pm

core Smile
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Core and what? And why? If you're gonna tell us, say why, or else I'ma call you a sheep.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:10 pm

cause it sounds the best -.-
meany-pants
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Peace wrote:
I definitely thought Sixth Core was a pun on
hardcore, at which case the name needs to be Sixthcore (don't give it
crap about making sense cause Sixth Core already doesn't and this looks
cooler), but then I got to thinking its what Killa said. That isn't
want we want this group to suggest, so if you have to name it core, at
least do Sixthcore so I can make cady hardcore references and make
people uncomfortable

Pretty much said the same exact thing to Falcon.
Except the lame parts.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 am

No.
I also gave more jackass...and thats it, you can't quote me anymore. Your already in bad for deleting my posts, keep it up and I promise you'll pay, I SWARE IT.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:48 am

Peace, if I were ambitious, I could match your jackass.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:35 am

Note how I'm not correcting you, Peace. Sware happens to be an accepted (albeit archaic) spelling of swear, so while it is unorthodox, your usage is correct.
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Hah! Peace -still- loses.
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:18 pm

This vote has ended; top two will be posted in another poll to decide once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Leiter wrote:
Note how I'm not correcting you, Peace. Sware happens to be an accepted (albeit archaic) spelling of swear, so while it is unorthodox, your usage is correct.

you suck...

and falcon, whether I win or loose doesn't matter. What you should worry about is why my opinions still matter more than yours if I'm no longer in the sg! (i believe thats a KO? anyone?)

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Cause you're on the forums, and you were on CoH.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Or cause I'm better than you
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:52 am

Or cause you wish you were, and for that you earn a pity card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll : Alt Supergroup Name   Poll : Alt Supergroup Name I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll : Alt Supergroup Name
Page 1 of 1