HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Old Costumes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rayken
Soldat

PostSubject: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:34 am

Hey there, I'm an old timer. I was apart of the 6th Column way back when it first began as a splinter group on a different server, I think it was Guardian or Justice, im not sure now.I still remember dancing under Atlas Statue all night spamming things like "Join the 6th Column and help us establish our doctrine!" and things like "We want to take over the world, but first, we dance."I have no idea if anyone has been around from those days, but, the website was just a black page with text on it. I was wondering if you guys would allow me to make my costume, if I were to join again, like the original costumes of all Maggots back in the day. It didnt have the shoulder pads, and had a different helmet, if I remember correctly... (I hate to be objectified, but I liked it more...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leiter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:11 pm

It warms my heart to hear the term Maggot again.

Yes, many of us are still around from older days. If you were on the Guardian server, you may remember the names Nacht Magna or Nacht Blade; I was Blade (not to be confused with the Blade we have hanging around now), my older brother was Magna.

In response to the old uniform: you CAN make the old uniform, but you still have to have the new uniform. You can wear the old uniform at various less-formal 6C events, but for promotion ceremonies and official events, you will have to wear the new uniform.

Soldat

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:24 pm

If I recall correctly, I may remember Nacht Magna. My characters name was Nacht Teufel. I was one of the very original members on Guardian. The first night I joined I spent about 6 hours spamming the same macro with another Nacht. I think that group picked up for a while, then it died off, and 6th Column in general fell off the face of the earth for a while if I recall correctly. Regardless, that was back when all we had was Maggot, Kaptan, and Komtur. I checked again, and you guys are back it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Well, this group is from the Liberty server, splintered of from Guardian server. We went strong for a few months, began to drop, rose back up for a few months under a new name The Sixth Column because the old Komturs went inactive and we couldn't kick them, a civil war in our ranks happened, I brought them back together, handed off Head Komtur to Nacht Light in April 2005. Light led an impressive run until the Fall time where he handed Head Komtur off to Talon, and then Talon disappeared suddenly and then I had to take back over for a while.

The Sixth went inactive, because majority of the leadership was in school, but a lot of us stuck around to hang out and chill. This lasted until City of Villians came out and Nacht Peace and I organized a villian SG, The Faction, to be the Sixth's villian side. Peace became Head Komtur and I his assist.

I am military in real life, so I had to deploy over to the middle east, and I could not play for 4 months. The Sixth went inactive again declared in rest by Peace and I. A few Nachts remained and played still dispite the inactivity.

In 2007, Talon returned suddenly and a group of them decided to transfer over to the Virtue server to begin again. By this time The Sixth Column was going full Military RP and dispite my disagreement that Talon takes over as Head Komtur again since his disappearance twice already, I offered him the note that if he has to go again.. at least step down and hand it off. And as I predicted, Talon had to leave and stepped down as Head Komtur and passed it to Nacht Dark/Blade (not Leiter) and Nacht TwigDeath as his assist. The Sixth hit again in the fall. Dark was going to Basic Training (military in real life) and Twig was the only active person with Leiter. The Sixth Column ran around with a very few group of players. Karnie and TwigDeath still played to do PVP.

In October 2008, TwigDeath and I were talking about the return of The Sixth Column for Issue 14 at the start of Issue 13. Twig talked with Leiter as well, and the two discussed an early return to get things set up before we officially installed a return. I agreed to be Twig's Assistant a long side Leiter, and Twig became the current Head Komtur. Growth was very stale since we didn't want to recruit anyone while in refurbishing mode. Of course a select few were already in and joined. Kanzler, Vati, Falcon, and Omnis were the only active members we had, but this didn't bother us, since we hadn't started recruiting yet. In February 2009, our growth was still stale, but by May, a group of old Sixth joined up, Peace, Dark, Shintekii, Nacho and Light, in hopes to fully install a rebirth of The Sixth Column.

And thus, here we are. Still alive and kicking. There were a few inactive pieces in our history, but we've managed to keep the name The Sixth Column around for so long. It never died off, since members like TwigDeath still remained online and kicking our legacy.

5 years, and we are still here Smile

Liberty Server HOO! Now, Virtue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leiter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Oh SHIT I remember you. Wow, blast from the past.

Yeah, Magna and I were both on Protector originally, then he orchestrated the branching over to Guardian, and I handled the transfer to Liberty, which is where most of our current members are from. We've been around off-and-on since then, and we somewhat recently decided to move ourselves to Virtue to pursue a more active server.

I warn you, we've changed a LOT since the old days. Check out the website, if you haven't already, it'll give you some idea.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 pm

*sigh* Also, Killa never misses a chance to recount every detail of the history.

Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:27 pm

:O Don't sigh about that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayken
Soldat

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:58 pm

The history is fine.I can see you guys have changed somehwat. We always used to talk about wishing for more ranks, and low and behold, we have them now. I remember leading, as a LEVEL 10, a large group of new Nachts, very hilariously, now. I remember having about 20 people line up. Those people didnt remain very active, though. It was still fun while it lasted... I had another Nacht that assisted me, it was some girl, I dont remember her very well. Either way, it seems things have come pretty far. I'd still play as an original 6th Column member simply because I'm not such a fan of all these advanced rules. They make it harder for new people to join, but, as I said in the old days... "We're not looking for people, we're looking for leaders."I do not know why my text isnt spacing out into paragraphs even though I hit enter like 20 times...Anyways, I plan to return to the 6th Column soon. I dont know what I should go about doing, however, which server to join, what would be the wisest choice, what we need to do, what we're trying to accomplish, etc.Edit: I said I'd still play as an original 6th Column member... Which means you probably wont accept me at all... /sigh. (My favorite is the old Komtur. White and red shoulder pads, white helmet, white boots, white gloves, black pants, red/white belt, black shirt/white.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leiter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Well, I can't tell you anything about what might be on other servers; as far as I know, we're the only surviving Sixth, though it's always possible that there are other offshoots still around.

Our rules look more complicated than they are. Really, if you log in, play every so often, and refer to people as sir and ma'am, then you're good. We do roleplay more now than we ever did in the past, but it's not mandatory, really.

We'd be happy to have you try us out if you wanted.

Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:16 am

I still have the old costume on one of my slots. I refuse to remove it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Costumes   

Back to top Go down

Old Costumes
Page 1 of 1