HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Roleplaying

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seyasmir
Kapitan

PostSubject: Roleplaying   Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 pm

The 'term' roleplaying means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. For me, I've roleplayed for a number of years now across a range of mediums, from pen and paper games, to live-action (*shudder*) to computer-based RPGs. As far as CoH and the Sixth goes, I've found a fair bit of pleasantly surprising RP with many members of the guild, and look forward to lots more.

For me the appeal of an RPG is being able to lose myself in the assumed persona of the character, to explore mindsets and methods different to my own.

I just wanted to throw this out there, in case some people worry that my character's words = my own. I'll only be OOC in tell, the SixthColumn channel, or when enclosing things in brackets. Anything else is militaristic Jenna talking, not happy go lucky me. Smile

What's everybody else's interpretation of roleplaying, just out of curiosity?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twig
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 pm

I see role play similarly, even though I'm admittedly downright bad at it at times. I'm not really a fan of role play, but I do it because I want to get better at it for the group.

The appeal for me is hanging with people, enjoying the game and the company.

But basically, the guidelines on RP are what I want it to be. Unless the team leader calls informal, global channel, brackets, yadda yadda.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leiter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 pm

For me, as both an actor and a pathological liar, I get a kick out of assuming roles other than my own. There's nothing quite like acting either like your complete opposite, or like the person you always wished you were.

I'm glad that more people in the Sixth are roleplayers; for a long time, I'm pretty sure I was alone as an RPer!

Komtur

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:07 am

I'm afraid Leiter.. that I have been a long time RPer.

I was RPing in AOL chat rooms to Star Wars, and then eventually was just RPing my own story later years...

I had been RPing on my main Rage Kain while being on Nacht Killa on other events with The Sixth back in the day Razz Omni and I were RPing with a group of RPers.. but eventually we all faded away. Omni went to WoW, AC and other games other than CoH. So I was RPless. Then I've been heavy RPing with my alt SG, Villains of Paragon City.. since the leader has been having internet issues, we've been on hold.

I enjoy RP. And I was excited when we made the final decision to make The Sixth Column a RP, because I could actually interperate Killa's story. I was using the whole OOC being called Grandpa, for being the oldest player... or being one of the elder Sixth members from June 2004, that Killa was going to be old. Then I go the idea that Killa was Ridolfo Uzzano's son before he became Requiem.. It was brilliant Razz

I love this idea more than many, just because it changes the purpose of the members from 'having' to play, to 'wanting' to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sixth Column :: City of Heroes :: General Activity :: General Discussion-
Jump to: