The Sixth Column
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Column

Official Forums of the Sixth Column

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you've ever wondered...

Go down 
+5
Killa
Nacht Falcon
Nacht Kanzler
Leiter
Twig
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
Soldat
Angel

If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:31 pm

yeah dropped out of college
did i not tell you?
Back to top Go down
Karnie
General
Karnie

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Why?! What do you do now? -.-
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Angel lives life on the edge, she's a hardass, bro.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:26 pm

In answer to your question Karnie i'm working, atm i'm just doing extra at my current job because of the economy its really hard to get another -.-

and yes twig im a hardass
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm getting a job Very Happy
(and again Peace diverts a perfectly fine conversation to something concerning him)
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 pm

College? Aren't you like, the same age as everyone else here? And you dropped out?! Bad! You know where that's gonna get you in life?!
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

falcon and to anyone else who even tries to give me that lecture, just stop. right there. i'm not gonna listen. i left because i hated the place i was at and what i was doing, i may be going back in september as i have got into a different college but the throught of studying for two more years is horrible T_T

and college isn;t the answer to everything -.-

anywaaayy
away from this topic now >.>
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Ditching it isn't either....
Ya who knew i was gonna support staying in school eh?

It simply comes to this angel:
How best can you make money? Theres no point spending 20 grand on college if your not gonna accomplish it, hell like 30% of the people who go to college shouldn't bother anyway cause what they learn is pointless. They do it to get a crappy piece of paper saying they went through all the necessary crap society requires to get hired for any job worth a damn.

Serve food and live in an apartment until you meet a rich idiot who went through college, got that $20,000 job, and have him support you, or go to college and get the $20,000 job yourself.

Whatever floats your boat.

anyway...
potatoes!
Back to top Go down
Leiter
Admin
Leiter

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Dude, whenever I played Life I skipped college and went right into a career. I totally won, too.
Back to top Go down
http://sixthcolumnonline.com/
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Angel, when we voice against you doing something potentially stupid (like drop out of college) it's because we give a rat's ass. Watching you ruin your life is no picnic for us, you know, especially since we see how it all falls together easier than you do... That's true about anyone, really.

My mom did the same thing... She quit college and got a job as a mechanic. Now, she's got three kids, she's on disability, no job, and she gets $700 a month to pay the bills and take care of us all, plus my sister's kid.

I'm not saying that dropping out of college will do the same for you, but it damn well could... It's something to consider. Sure, you might hate college, but you get a degree in a well-paying field, you're gonna go far. Wherever you're working right now, I can almost guarantee... You won't.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm

O well she said she might be going back, and I'm not about to let this turn into a mommy and daddy conversation. Cause thats annoying. For reals.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 pm

can i just make it all clear to you now the "college" for us is not the same as you guys
college is the last two years of high school
so 1. it doesn't cost anything -.-
2. i don't get a degree i get A-levels
and 3. its not THAT big a deal if you drop out
also i most likely am going back so i can get the fuck out of this country
if i don't i only get 15 points instead of 23 to move to Canada
and i know you only say it cause you care falcon i'm just sick of my parents, people at work ect. talking about it
and yeah i have to go back or i'll be paying my parents £120 a month cause they dont get child benefit anymore
Back to top Go down
Twig
Admin
Twig

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Don't worry Angel, you're still a hardass in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:53 pm

thank you twig :hug:'s
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey! I told everyone to leave you alone first!
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:50 pm

so you didn;t call me a hardass Smile
XD
and also peace could i just mention that earning $20,000 a year is actually crap XD
and if i got a full time job now without college i could earn that xD
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Yeah that's what I said...I think...who cares what I meant to say was you can spend 20g going to college then make 20g, or you can make 20g then work your way up. The only risk is, which increases quicker, though I believe that is based on quality of work hu?

Damn, now I don't wanna go to college...
O wait, beer and hookers. I'm Back in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:59 pm

haha
well i am going to college but not uni
so it wont cost me anything XD
and then i'll move away from this shitty place and be happy Smile
and maybe even closer to you lot
Back to top Go down
Killa
Komtur

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Nah Angel, we can't use your hardass here.... we already have peace to thank... maybe if you killed him, we might let you in..

Now, the hunt begins

*evil laughs*

The winner will be my apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 pm

i didn't understand a word of that >.>
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Soldat
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Someone said Canada?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Angel
Soldat
Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:39 pm

thats a big ass flag O.O
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:10 pm

That's three Canadian flags, Angel. The Canadian Flag has only one maple leaf. Therefore, those are some big-ass flags.
Back to top Go down
Peace
Elite Guard
Peace

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 am

Wait...how am I suppose to win?

and how am I STILL an apprentace of yours?

what the HELL!

and canada....home of the "Whys"....why fight, why have an army, WHY SAY BOOUT!!!
Back to top Go down
Nacht Falcon
General
Nacht Falcon

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:50 am

Boout up your ass or what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you've ever wondered...   If you've ever wondered... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you've ever wondered...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sixth Column :: City of Heroes :: General Activity :: General Discussion-
Jump to: